Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project Rambler--Ideas/Suggestions Wanted

15 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Here is another idea, for either one but maybe the convertible mostly. Smooth out the body and use the drivetrain from a Syclone kit (AWD, Turbo V-6), flare the fenders and stick some wide tires on it, maybe Pikes Peak style racer?

Interesting. One idea I had was to put it on a 4x4 frame and make a Bronco-like vehicle out of it.

THE RAMBLER WITH THE CHOPPED ROOF, I WOULD MAKE A SALT FLAT RACER, USING A CURRENT NASCAR CHASSIS UNDERNEATH IT, VERY EASY TO MAKE IT AERODYNAMIC WITH FACTORY PIECES MISSING. THE RAMBLER YOU HAVE TO PAINT- STRIP, I WOULD MAKE A RUSTED OLD-SCHOOL TYPE GASSER. OR YOU COULD COMBINE THE TWO BODIES AND BUILD THE ULTIMATE " GEORGE ROMNEY"LIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by paul alflen

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Interesting. One idea I had was to put it on a 4x4 frame and make a Bronco-like vehicle out of it.

Similar thinking, I wasn't going for the 4x4 look as much as making it look cool and haul ash, like the Syclones did. The 4x4 could be a neat deal, there are some great tires out there from Fireball Modelworks and Scenes Unlimited.

kind of out there, but looks like enough material in the two bodies to build a stretched altered wheelbase early funny car...  lengthen the front end and move the rear axle ahead.

whatever you build, I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by Muncie

2 hours ago, Muncie said:

kind of out there, but looks like enough material in the two bodies to build a stretched altered wheelbase early funny car...  lengthen the front end and move the rear axle ahead.

whatever you build, I'm looking forward to it.

But that violates my desire to build two models out of the mess. Same with the limo idea.B)

36 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

But that violates my desire to build two models out of the mess. Same with the limo idea.B)

build one long one, and one short one?  whatever you have cooking will be worth watching, I'm in.