Model Cars Magazine Forum

Turning 50.

NYLIBUD

6 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Youngster!  I have model cars older than you!

I'll be hitting the big 6-0 in September.   

I may not be that old, but I have a lotta miles on me!  :D

You're not so old Tom......  I hit 71 back in April.

On 7/8/2018 at 9:02 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Watch your weight and stay reasonably fit. Keep learning. If you don't get hit with some difficult health problem, you can feel every bit as good in 2 decades as you do now...maybe better depending on your current fitness level.

This is excellent advice.  One thing I would add is watch the stress.  I am 57 now, but at 45 my job just about did me in.  They moved me to a new role, but after a while I started to feel the same way as I did before the heart attack.  Then in a rather peculiar twist of fate, four years ago, new management came into the organization, and I was informed my services were no longer required.  I took a new job.  I make a bit less money, but I come into the office at 8 and leave at 5.  Very little stress and I feel a lot better.

Turned 50, last tuesday, the months prior I was a bit down, like so soon, it seemed like yesterday that I,was 25, visiting the USA for the very fitst time....it felt like Play time was over, and have to take life a bit more seriously now, but when the big day came, the feelings went a way, it’s juist a Number, I’m still a kid at heart,:D

6 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Turned 50, last tuesday, the months prior I was a bit down, like so soon, it seemed like yesterday that I,was 25, visiting the USA for the very fitst time....it felt like Play time was over, and have to take life a bit more seriously now, but when the big day came, the feelings went a way, it’s juist a Number, I’m still a kid at heart,:D

Yes at 50 it is just a number and enjoy life as much as you can. However 70 to me seems like more than a number.

I'm not going to try and Out Old everybody but I remember something my father told me once. I was visiting him after he had broken his leg while Down Hill Skiing, he was in his 70's. He said "He was a young man trapped in this old body". The doctors told him he would never ski again. Two years later he was doing Cross Country Skiing. I have often looked in the mirror in the morning and wondered who that old man is looking back at me. Then I remember his words.   

On 7/8/2018 at 7:02 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Watch your weight and stay reasonably fit. Keep learning. If you don't get hit with some difficult health problem, you can feel every bit as good in 2 decades as you do now...maybe better depending on your current fitness level.

here here