Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawas Lamborghini Miura SV....new update!

Dann Tier

5 hours ago, rsxse240 said:

After seeing this, I am just that much more disappointed with the Italeri Miura (ESCI rebox) kit.  This one looks so much better!

I like that kit too!....I have a couple, but this is THE kit to get if you want a Miura!!

Got some more done today, luckly there isn't much stuff I have to add to this kit, it will be a relaxing build!

-Photo 1; I drilled out the gauges.

-Photo 2; I covered the backs of the headrests with styrene.

-Photo 3; I carefully drilled out the holes in the steering wheel.

DSCF6173.JPG

DSCF6174.JPG

DSCF6175.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone!, I have another Miura update!....Everything is still in the rough...

-Photo 1; The seat on the left is missing seams, so I added them.

-Photo 2; Notice how much better the headrests look when they have the proper seam depth.

-Photo 3; The real car has these vertical doorjam trim pieces, so I needed to make some.

-Photo 4; There are actually trim pieces like these on the real car.

DSCF6262.JPG

DSCF6263.JPG

DSCF6267.JPG

DSCF6269.JPG

• 1 month later...

Its been a while since I've been able to work on my builds, but i'm back now!  I use to detail everything, but as of late, I've decided to only detail things that can be seen from any angle....except for the under side of curbside kits. This helps me accomplish a few things that are important to me; 1) saves on supplies, 2) saves on time spent on a certain build, 3) allows more time, and money for builds that I want to fully detail, and 4) even though there is NO WAY for me to get them all built before I bite-it, it does give me a better chance than none at all.

Here I pre-assembled everything for painting. What you see here will all be painted Flat Black, and if during the course of the build I see something that needs kolor, because its visible enough, then I will brush it. I have left two parts out of the front end assembly......they wont be seen, so I don't need them.  I WILL be fully detailing the top end of the engine, since it can be seen through the rear window of the interior, and just barely enough through the louvers on the rear window. I will also be opening-up the rear end Honeycomb mesh, and before anybody gets excited and says that that will allow a lot of detail to show, just remember that Hasegawa DIDNT include the boot in this kit, but I will be SB one, and whatever detail is left to be seen, wont …...it'll be in darker shadows.         -Next will be all  but the body parts being painted!...….thanks again for stopping by!!

DSCF6486.JPG

DSCF6487.JPG

DSCF6488.JPG

DSCF6489.JPG

DSCF6491.JPG

DSCF6490.JPG

2 minutes ago, Ich_Will said:

Glad to see you back at it. I’ve yet to start mine...dang Benz is slowing everything. I can’t wait to see more of this (and on my monitor instead of my phone) 

LMAO!..thanks, William!...feels good to be back!.....your Mercedes is looking SICK though!!

Hey, everyone!, I have all the seams filled, gauges drilled out, and everything that's a separate part, was scribed to look like so. All the edges were slightly rounded for a more realistic look since the kit one looks way too hard, like its all metal. After the final sanding of this, I will have all the interior parts ready for paint on this one too!!

DSCF6506.JPG

DSCF6508.JPG

DSCF6509.JPG

11 minutes ago, Justin Porter said:

Ahh, the Hasegawa Miura. This is pretty high on my list along with somehow rescuing my SVJ build. Very interested to see the detailing you're adding to what is a very nice kit in the first place. 

Thanks, Justin!, this really is a beautiful kit...….how's your Ford GT going?

1 minute ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Justin!, this really is a beautiful kit...….how's your Ford GT going?

At the moment no Ford GT on my bench. As a matter of fact on Tuesday night I started a 1/35th scale Soviet KV-2 tank by Trumpeter. lol Not 100% certain what my next auto build is going to be though tracking down a good deal on Tamiya's Morgan is calling to me...

28 minutes ago, Justin Porter said:

At the moment no Ford GT on my bench. As a matter of fact on Tuesday night I started a 1/35th scale Soviet KV-2 tank by Trumpeter. lol Not 100% certain what my next auto build is going to be though tracking down a good deal on Tamiya's Morgan is calling to me...

Bummer, I was curious...lol. You will really like that Morgan kit!!….one of Tamiyas best I think, and it comes with some of THE most realistic molded wire wheels that you can find!!

1 hour ago, Ich_Will said:

Holy cats! That’s ambitious. Can’t wait to see you kill it like you always do!  I WON’T be doing this...

Its not really as bad as you'd think, I've already done it to my first Miura. Try it, if it doesn't work for you, I have a spare you can have! 

-You can see it here....

DSCF1562.thumb.JPG.be5fa2f8f0c8d8eb39161ad5634abe64.jpg

• Dann Tier changed the title to Hasegawas Lamborghini Miura SV....new update!