Model Cars Magazine Forum

under glass? Not hardly

randyc

This one is finished, but has never been under glass, which only added to its charm.   I built this about 20 years ago and it's been out of a case ever since.   When I found it in stuff my ex packed, it was covered in a huge layer of dust.   It was quite furry.  So I blew the dust off and cleaned a little spot on the windshield.  Sold it on ebay last week and it is on it's way.  I should have cleared it to seal in teh authentic finish.  lol

IMG_20180908_091206776.jpg

IMG_20180908_091211888_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20180908_091219061.jpg

IMG_20180908_091224360.jpg

IMG_20180908_091231021.jpg

IMG_20180908_091250058.jpg

IMG_20180908_091305453.jpg

Thanks all.  This and a Bob Senneker Camaro under a tarp are the only things I've really ever weathered.  And I sold the Bob Senneker car missing front end and under tarp as well.   I hope the new owners enjoy their neglect as much as I did.   And finding them again with the real dust.   As for the garage, I dusted it too.  It was pretty furry.   But I didn't clean anything - just blew the worst off so that it would appear like the real shop I used for inspiration was.  Hopefully I will add more to the background clutter soon.  As I find tools and parts that would fit the theme.  

It's not in these photos, but I have a hood from a 66 Nova kit.  I had entered the car in a local model show.  After the show I pu tthe cars in the trunk of may car.  When I got home, I had lost the hood.   I few years later, I found it it the spare tire well of the car, completely covered in rust stains.   So it is part of the dio now as well.