Model Cars Magazine Forum

350ci Tri Power ?

I plan building a replica of my 67 SS/RS Camaro. I will be starting with the Revell Nicky Camaro. Mine had the 350 and I added Tri-power. I figured for the engine I would use the Revell Parts Pak 283 but I need a 3-2 carb setup. What are my best choices for a accurate looking setup ? 

Thanks 

Jon

9 hours ago, Daddy Mack said:

obviously, you never noticed the similarity between SBC and 348-409 intake manifolds

That's a good point, and with the accuracy of scaling down to 1/25 being what is is, the 348 tri-power manifold may very well fit your Revell parts-pack SBC.

I have both kits in stock. I'll have a look.

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Isn't that six one-barrels?

Six two-barrels.   The Monogram '30 Touring has a three two-barrel SBC intake, but of course the Monogram kits are 1/24, not 1/25.

A 348 intake could perhaps be made to fit, but the water outlet is typically the other side on a small block and the 348 oil filler is in the wrong place. 

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Hmmmmmm...The old Revell Pontiac parts-pack has what look like Rochester 2G carbs, 3 of 'em. Not anywhere near as good as Fireball's carbs, but should do, depending on how close you want to get to perfection.

I just happen to have that parts-pak. Those will probably work   Thanks 

I think everyone would be correct on the Rochester 2G carbs. The physically smaller Strombergs would usually appear on Flat Heads. The reason I pointed out the Intake Manifold was because of it's appearance and what I feel is it's accuracy. The casting provides an opening, very small, for the Distributer and the Thermostat and it is a very clean casting with great details. As for the use of Holly Carbs., since this would be an after market type of modification so almost anything would be possible. The most likely being the afore mentioned Rochester 2G. The general shape between it and the standard Holly 2 br. Carbs. would be similar but the high performance Holly's with the center hung floats have a very distinct appearance. If you have access too one of the Revell '67 Corvette big block Tri-Power intakes and Carb. set ups you will see what I mean. This casting is in 1/25th scale so when looking for the Carbs. that you want to use remember a 1/24th part may appear somewhat larger than you may want. If you remember exactly what was on the car that should give you an idea of what you should be looking for. Good luck with your build going forward.