Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Handle for #11 blades

Just a little off base here - I do have a couple Olfa retractables.  I call them a "slidey" knife.  I have the stainless body.  they are awesome!  For what you use them for.   Much better than plastic. 

Like Mark, I have a LOT of old blades and new blades from being in graphics/sign industry for 30+ years.  I usually poke a hole in a plastic pop bottle and put old blades in the slot.  I have never filled a bottle, so not sure what to do with them when I do get it full.  Probably be my heirs' responsibility.  LOL.  

On 11/21/2018 at 4:33 PM, peteski said:

Some years ago I was going through Michaels and saw one of these.

FSK1630501001.JPG

I was fascinated and bough it.  But I just never really warmed up to it.  Maybe I should try it again.

If interested, look for Fiskars 163050-1001

I have one similar to that, except mine has a much smaller blade.  I thought it may be good for trimming around decals, but have not been able to get sufficient control yet.

On 11/13/2018 at 12:10 PM, Jon Haigwood said:

I recently bought a Excel wooded box set . The handle is all metal and it can't seem to stay tight. 

I have a Excel handle from the 90's and It too does not always stay tight , I no longer use it as my main handle.

Edited by martinfan5

On 11/24/2018 at 7:29 AM, TarheelRick said:

I have one similar to that, except mine has a much smaller blade.  I thought it may be good for trimming around decals, but have not been able to get sufficient control yet.

It is just a regular #11 blade.

Edited by peteski