Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 40 Ford Sedan Box Art

cobraman

On 11/17/2018 at 4:46 PM, RichCostello said:

Turned out pretty good anyway, I think it looks better without the scoop(never liked that scoop), in fact I think it looks better without the hood. I can't believe AMT can't make that hood fit better.

Ed Fluck at Drag City Castings has a resin hood that has been reworked for an improved fit. He also has repros of the kit's original custom exhaust dumps. Ed's stuff is first-rate, too.

Edited by Allen Wrench

You did a great job considering what you had to work with. I bought one of those kits with the intent of doing a simple box stock or box art build, but I ended up selling it after I realized how much work it would take to do that and wind up with a model that looked halfway presentable. 

WOW, this one looks pretty cool. 

I know what you mean about small defects, but you are talking about a hand finished thing, and even the models that look perfect, always have a little detail here and there. I just live with the defects and imperfections. You can go crazy trying to avoid a little mistake, and that defies the purpose of building those things in the first place.