Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Mustang Boss 302............My take with pics!

MrObsessive

1 hour ago, zealotta said:

Iam very disappointed about this so called"New Tool"Its a complete repop of the CJ!Even most of the parts for the cj are inside!And it even has the still wrong fascia!Nothing changed!ecxept the added parts for the 302!The front fascia change is not a big deal to correct!like the rear sidewindow!Some 3 hours and a little fiddling and done!Will soon post some pics of the corrections!If iam able to post them  ;)

I don't think a single soul called it an all-new tool. It was always exactly what it is - a modified reissue that was some fresh parts and a more accurate body based upon the older '69 428 Cobra Jet tooling. 

Yup. Giving it the front fascia it should have had all along made the deal sweet enough for me.

Though I gotta say, I think Gabriel's the first one I've seen mentioning the triangular-rather-than-trapezoidal rear DLO window.  That's bugged me since it first showed up 40 years ago on the Boss Nine, and my next swing at a kit from this tooling is gonna fix it.

2 hours ago, zealotta said:

Iam very disappointed about this so called"New Tool"Its a complete repop of the CJ!Even most of the parts for the cj are inside!And it even has the still wrong fascia!Nothing changed!ecxept the added parts for the 302!The front fascia change is not a big deal to correct!like the rear sidewindow!Some 3 hours and a little fiddling and done!Will soon post some pics of the corrections!If iam able to post them  ;)

We can't wait to see your fixes. 

On 3/5/2019 at 10:00 AM, MrObsessive said:

Yeah, they're a bit too small. Could stand to be made a larger a tad. Not a hard fix, but not a super egregious error either.

What about the heavy B posts? The Mustang is a hardtop not a post sedan, so what is the deal?

4 hours ago, Bob Ellis said:

What about the heavy B posts? The Mustang is a hardtop not a post sedan, so what is the deal?

because the '69 Mustang fastback has a fixed (but slim) B pillar; the quarter window doesn't roll down 

Edited by Motor City

On 3/6/2019 at 6:04 PM, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Re rear DLO windows, not just a bit small, but a bit triangular rather than trapezoidal, too.  I'd actually look to widen them a bit at the apex where they curve into the drip molding, then graft in some strip to make a harder, more angular molding where I widened the top.

1969mustangsportsroodDLO.jpg.0129c2d1ea13f088ff79bf0000798a0b.jpg

Nothing too radical.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:00 PM, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Yup. Giving it the front fascia it should have had all along made the deal sweet enough for me.

Though I gotta say, I think Gabriel's the first one I've seen mentioning the triangular-rather-than-trapezoidal rear DLO window.  That's bugged me since it first showed up 40 years ago on the Boss Nine, and my next swing at a kit from this tooling is gonna fix it.

lol, oh boy -

sometimes a body should check on what he posted two years before...

On 4/24/2021 at 7:50 PM, Bob Ellis said:

Yes, it doesn't roll down . It's a chome trim piece ,not a thick B post.

I agree, it shouldn't have a thick "B" post, so why should that be so difficult for model companies to replicate?  It's technically not a hardtop since it has a pop-out quarter windows.  The trim piece could be a separate item.     

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.2YGwMOtzypRFOdbtJl4s1AHaFR%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Edited by Motor City

1 hour ago, Motor City said:

I agree, it shouldn't have a thick "B" post, so why should that be so difficult for model companies to replicate?  It's technically not a hardtop since it has a pop-out quarter windows.  The trim piece could be a separate item.     

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.2YGwMOtzypRFOdbtJl4s1AHaFR%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Better to have the fixed piece glass and let the modeler apply some chrome trim.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:43 PM, Justin Porter said:

I don't think a single soul called it an all-new tool. It was always exactly what it is - a modified reissue that was some fresh parts and a more accurate body based upon the older '69 428 Cobra Jet tooling. 

The Body of the CJ and the Boss 302 are 100% the same in point of the "wrong" front fascia!The Body is NOT more accurater then the CJ Body!

Hey Guys!here are my promissed pictures of the front fascia changes to make it look better and the changes to the rear quarter window!

1st picture shows where i did the triangle cut to make it possible to get the fender down(Grill fits perfect after sanding of the bottom,its only put in to show that everything fits)471523113_IMG_75911.JPG.3fc177297654e372c72ac4ed854b96b0.JPG

2+3 shows the much more straight and now much more downed line of the upper line!976963298_IMG_75891.JPG.66e2fa2d244326a9f5967d880936a28d.JPG

4 shows the release cut i ve done to make it easier to press down the fender fronts1368616800_IMG_75931.JPG.db94a265f88d6c94757858a07dc846fe.JPG

5 shows the corrected quarter window and the readded trim1139413752_IMG_75881.JPG.0a2677187e61ff12674b55c79e568db1.JPG

I had to sand down the wall in hight where the radiator goes and part 57(Radiator top)because the hood now lies deeper then before

IMG_7590[1].JPG

Edited by zealotta

I did the same to the CJ because as i said before,its the nearly same Body with the same wrong FACE!Only differnence is the hole for the Louvers and the deeper mark on the C-pillar for the Mustang emblem!Everything else is the same14158478_IMG_82831.JPG.5d7259ca08b4fa12ceb19a66d8eadcea.JPG