Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/20 Ferrari F60 F1

Rich Chernosky

Just off the workbench. Tamiya 1/20 Ferrari F60 formula one. Mostly box stock some extgra decals from Tabu. Paint is Gravity colors GC 294Ferrari Nuovo Rosso. This is a 3 part system consisting of a silver basecoat, clear red color coat and clear to finish. Iniatially this came out a little too orange to suit my taste so I mixed in some Tamiya clear red to the clear top coat. This kit went together like a dream with only a slight adjustment necessary  to the center body panel behind the roll bar. Everything snapped snugly into place after that. Body fit was amazing.  Thanks for looking.

DSC06404.JPG

DSC06401.JPG

DSC06403.JPG

DSC06405.JPG

DSC06406.JPG

6 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

How did I miss this till now,  the Ferrari is outstanding.  I like how you sanded the tires and added some debris, very realistic. 

Hah....I did sand the tires but the debris was unintentional.  Once you sand the rubber tire it attracts dust and dirt like a magnet. Despite my best efforts to keep them clean some still remained. 

On 2/27/2019 at 4:06 PM, Turberticus said:

Looks great! I really enjoyed building this kit. Went together beautifully. I used TS-85 Mica Red, but this paint looks better! Good job!

TS-85 was formulated to reproduce this color. I have used that in combination with TS-74 clear red over Pactra Antique Gold. Did it on a La Ferrari to see how it looked and it wasn't quite what i wanted for the F1 car. It was a nice red though. On line pictures of the real car don't really show the color good enough. I am told it is a pearlescent red. Pearlescents use a silver base and it is difficult under clear red. I am still trying to make myself happy on this color.  Thanks for the compliments

On 3/3/2019 at 1:02 PM, Rich Chernosky said:

TS-85 was formulated to reproduce this color. I have used that in combination with TS-74 clear red over Pactra Antique Gold. Did it on a La Ferrari to see how it looked and it wasn't quite what i wanted for the F1 car. It was a nice red though. On line pictures of the real car don't really show the color good enough. I am told it is a pearlescent red. Pearlescents use a silver base and it is difficult under clear red. I am still trying to make myself happy on this color.  Thanks for the compliments

You're welcome! It's always nice to see F1 builds here.