Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Ferrari Daytona Spider

randyc

6 hours ago, randyc said:

And thanks for everyone that has looked and said something nice.  And the suggestions from everyone to help with the hurdles. 

This has been fun but it will be no big deal to turn the keys over to the real owner.  As nice as it is, it doesn't really fit my collection at this point.   And I can visit it in the other guy's collection most anytime.  We swap diecasts and I do repairs for him.   He already has the Testors Pantera for me to build and a couple more on the way.  Maserati Merak and some sort of Lamborghini.  Testors reboxes of motorized cars.  Those two are very unusual.   He also wants a Cougar convertible.   So I'll be building Italian exotics for a while.  lol.  

I am working on a 68 Chevelle for me.  No photos - I didn't think there was anything I could add that hasn't been already covered.  Maybe an "under glass" since it's going to be white with red stripes - haven't seen that yet.  

And my Miura, whicih I'll try to start a thread on maybe.  If I can remember to take photos.  I always forget that.

Knew you could fix it to look beautiful!!!....looking forward to the Miura!!!!

I am really impressed with this one.   I did the BMW 635.   Was many years ago.   You really have to have patience and some experience to get the most out of these.  My 635 was just ok.   I never was able to finish the Lambo Countach.   It was too fiddly for my ham-handedness.   I also have a Porsche 911 rally car to finish someday.  I think it's at the body paint stage?   Last time I was in that box, I was living in a place where I couldn't go any farther with it (airbrushing).  

It's done!   Need to do a license plate and some outdoor pics and do an Under glass post.   I hate the tie rod.  Too thin and comes off the posts too easily. 

Next up?  Pantera built for same guy that had me build the Daytoan.  Photo is fresh from dehydrator.  Quite a bit of dusties to be polished out, which is a shame becasue I'll never get it this shiny again.  Also working on my 68 Chevelle.  

IMG_20190504_115104018.jpg

IMG_20190504_115139702.jpg

IMG_20190504_115147434.jpg

IMG_20190504_120112381.jpg

IMG_20190504_115157252.jpg

IMG_20190505_122721389.jpg