Model Cars Magazine Forum

My thing for the past few years has been Porsches. I've collected 16 911s and built 7 of them so far. I've been trying to get some work done on my Cannonball project, so naturally I went out and bought two new projects. They are the Revell Porsche Diesel Jr. tractors. A little Google time showed me they came in red but a few were blue for some reason. Maybe a bigger version? Anyway, I bought them Friday from Hobby Lobby using the 40% coupon. I bought one, put it in the car and went in and bought another so I could use the coupon twice. Anyway, I highly recommend this kit. It's a snap kit, but very detailed and really nice for a change of pace. Side-note, I actually did make a little progress on my Cannonball van. I''ll post a a picture of that on that thread.

modelsPorscheTractors.jpg

It's a very nicely done kit.  As we've said, it's not shrink wrapped, but sealed with two clear dots, like many Revell of Germany kits.  I did see them shrink wrapped at a Hobby Lobby in Virginia last week, but the wrap was poorly applied so probably done at the store.   

I will be building mine, and getting a second one for parts.  I will be sizing up the wheel and tire set for my long languishing Doodlebug build.  And that hood may wind up on a rat rod.  I'm also wondering how to carve out the diesel engine for use in another rod.