Model Cars Magazine Forum

Welp, today has not gone as expected.........

I r

On 6/4/2019 at 1:10 PM, Joe Handley said:

Had a Dr appointment last night, she went over what the findings of all my tests were with me, she repeated what I saw where everything looked ok for my size and excessive weight.  I did express my concern about the blood pressure med I had started taking and she decided my blood pressure isn't bad enough to warrant that med, but advised I keep up on the exercising and diet changes then talk to my normal Dr in 3 months. 

I'm lucky compared to 2 guys on the RCCrawler site I also posted this on, one has to have back surgery and the other thought he had a small stroke but the MRI instead showed a mass in his right front brain lobe:o Liluckily the Doctors he's talking to think it's operatable and  and will be back to normal after they're done, he just needs approval to get the work done at Rush in Chicago first.

I recently found out I have type two diabetes and I weighed 220 pound.  I use to eat once a day (dinner) and never drank water. My weight gradually creeped up during the years which I ended up on high blood pressure meds. In diabetes class. They stressed serving size and to make sure you eat 3 times at day limiting each meal to 30 to 45 carbs. That isn't as easy as you may think because one piece of bread hits that limit. I stopped eating pasta, bread, rice and potatoes. I immediately noticed my bloat disappeared. And I do eat 3 meals a day. Drink water now. Do 30 minutes of exercise which can be anything. As long  as you are not sitting down. House cleaning. Gardening. Playing with the dog. 15 minute walk. All count. And I've lost 20 pounds over the 3 months span. Hopefully I can be taken off the blood pressure meds and maybe reversed my diabetes. I find out in 2 weeks.  Maybe this will help you in some way. Biggest thing was 3 meals but watch the portion size. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2019 at 9:48 AM, Joe Handley said:

And I got another hospital bill, just short of $5k:o Nearly had an actual heart attack this time.

Call them up to set up terms.  We received a bill higher than that when my wife had heart surgery. Tell them whatever you can afford. Whether it's $50, $100 etc a month.  They pretty much will accept it.  Then just don't miss a payment.   I set ours up for $100 a month and just set it up to pay automatically in my Bill Pay.  

You can also negotiate for cash.  When I was in charge of my mother's bills I settled for half.

3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Call them up to set up terms.  We received a bill higher than that when my wife had heart surgery. Tell them whatever you can afford. Whether it's $50, $100 etc a month.  They pretty much will accept it.  Then just don't miss a payment.   I set ours up for $100 a month and just set it up to pay automatically in my Bill Pay.  

You can also negotiate for cash.  When I was in charge of my mother's bills I settled for half.

They already suggested paying $136/month, which would pay it off in July '22, which I would rather not let run that long.  What I may do is that ince I get my car insurance paid (most of what I would have given Dad for the $600+ on my 2 went towards the heart dr. bills from this visit), I plan on paying around $100/wk as much as possible.  Still need to see what I'm going to do with my Jeep too, it's still has no brakes and rust juse keeps getting worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this hospital stay is the gift that keeps on giving, just got another bill for all the labs that apparently my insurer didn't cover, adding another $447.20, on top the $447.80 I have paid for and the $4899.62 I haven't touched yet. Comes to a full balance of $5794.62.........

13 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Well, this hospital stay is the gift that keeps on giving, just got another bill for all the labs that apparently my insurer didn't cover, adding another $447.20, on top the $447.80 I have paid for and the $4899.62 I haven't touched yet. Comes to a full balance of $5794.62.........

WOW, that's a lot of moolah.

14 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Well, this hospital stay is the gift that keeps on giving, just got another bill for all the labs that apparently my insurer didn't cover, 

Find out why your insurer didn't cover it.  You met your annual deductible. Call them both,  then let them fight it out.

3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Find out why your insurer didn't cover it.  You met your annual deductible. Call them both,  then let them fight it out.

This might have been before the deductable was met, or they flat out refused, but did talk them down on the costs<_<

4 hours ago, High octane said:

WOW, that's a lot of moolah.

That it is, they did still cover $35k of the total bill though:o

Edited by Joe Handley

• 3 months later...

Well, things with this just got weird............

I have two Dr's appointments Monday (one was planned and was able to schedule the other since I took half the day off!)  and went to look on the app that I can access things that as well as pay bills through to see exactly when they were scheduled to I could tell my parents (Mom asked out of curiousity) and figured that I might as well pay towards the $4,800 or so I still owed on and discovered that $4,400 of that remaining hospital bill had disappeared and there was a note stating that I had paid $4,800 or so of my balance to far?! I paniced and checked the credit card to make sure I hadn't somehow gone into overdraft or something paying for this and only saw my last payment from 3.5 weeks ago of $150.00 as my latest transaction to that account?!

Needless to say, I will have to ask at one of my appointments on Monday about this to see what happened here!