Model Cars Magazine Forum

2007 Mustang GT with a new roof treatment

miatamadman

I got some more work done on the Mus-T-Ang. The T-roof has been finesed and the weatherstrip added. I also cut open the hood for the scoop, added the trim around the hood openning and sprayed a fresh coat of primer on the body. For the color coat, I'm leaning more and more towards yellow.

IMG_5733-vi.jpg

IMG_5734-vi.jpg

IMG_5735-vi.jpg

I still have a little cleanup work to do here. I'm not sure as to what I'm going to do with the trim at the b-pillar. Should I continue it over the roof, fill it in or just leave it as is?

IMG_5736-vi.jpg

I'm on a roll with this Mustang! Check out these clear removable roof panels I just made. I made these by vacume forming the section of roof that was removed for the T-top conversion. After some filing and fitting they fit pretty good. The black frame is painted on the underside of the glass.

Here you can see the clear plastic before I removed from the roof panel

IMG_5753-vi.jpg

This is what it looked like before I cut out the panels.

IMG_5754-vi.jpg

Here is the panel in rough form prior to final fitting.

IMG_5758-vi.jpg

The finished panels with the painted frame

IMG_5760-vi.jpg

And here they are installed

IMG_5762-vi.jpg

I got the rolling stock mounted and the engine somewhat done. Today I went ahead and applied some semi-gloss to the hood, which by the way I will be redoing since I'm not real pleased with the way it turned out. The trunk lid will also be semi-gloss black as well. I also might make use of a set of Keith Marks's Mustang Twister decals for the side.

IMG_5773-vi.jpg

IMG_5774-vi.jpg

IMG_5775-vi.jpg

IMG_5777-vi.jpg

Got the interior finished. Pretty much built straight from the box with the exception of the flocking and the addition of the seatbelts and buckles. Since the roof will be open, I just had to add a little extra detail.

IMG_5784-vi.jpg

IMG_5786-vi.jpg

IMG_5787-vi.jpg

I decided to try something different with the taillights, so I painted the recessed portions on the lenses semi-gloss black.

IMG_5790-vi.jpg

i wish my custom mustang turned out as great as yours did,

mine was a regular 07 mustang with the engine replaced with a viper v10 and the whole front bumper replaced with a vipers front bumper, it looked awful but for my first chop i thought it was pretty dang good. it would have looked TONS better if i had taken more time and not screwed up the hood (it doesnt sit right AT ALL)