Model Cars Magazine Forum

1980 Dodge Ramcharger box stock

This is my box stock 1980 dodge ramcharger. i painted it a tamiya off white. Its my first model since my last :) that was a while ago since i last finished one all the way through. I have been wanting to build one of these for a long time and something always stopped me. its not perfect, but i am pretty happy with it. i learned a lot from it and i think i might rebuild another at a later date. it went together quite nicely and i didnt have too many issues. 

20190701-210951.jpg
20190701-211055.jpg
20190701-211201.jpg

Nice work!  A funny thing.  When I built mine a dozen years ago,  I also blacked out the grill.  As I put it out to show at a club meeting one of the club nit pickers came over to point and remark that this year truck didn't have a black grill.  I roared back, "It's my truck and if it was 1:1 mine would have a black grill!"

32 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Nice work!  A funny thing.  When I built mine a dozen years ago,  I also blacked out the grill.  As I put it out to show at a club meeting one of the club nit pickers came over to point and remark that this year truck didn't have a black grill.  I roared back, "It's my truck and if it was 1:1 mine would have a black grill!"

Good on you!

On 2019-07-03 at 12:18 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Yeah, but I am pretty sure that no model A had a V8 from the factory either.... :lol:
Nice build.