Model Cars Magazine Forum

So, I'm doing a series of the AMT/MPC 'Li'l' showrods, and I've already finished the Li'l Hot Dogger and the Li'l Gasser and the next one on my shelf that was calling out to me was the Li'l Mixer.  I got this used on eBay YEARS ago and never did much more than give it a quick look over and put it back in the box - it's one of the reissues from a decade or so ago:

2v2EGNVMdxue8Lf.jpg

I started messing with it a little and noticed that a bunch of engine parts are missing (not ideal but not the worst thing...), but also one of the rear axles.  That's a bigger deal seeing as it would be a pain to scratchbuild one and have it chromed to match the one I DO have...so it went back in the box for a few days.  Then, I had an idea...

2v2EGNh3Wxue8Lf.jpg

What if we made the Li'l Mixer even Li'l-er! :D

Haven't got much further than mock up yet and messing with parts - but I think I like it!

2v2EGNhagxue8Lf.jpg

The frame is scratchbuild and was meant to be a copy of the kit one so that I can make a Li'l Cashbox replica at some point (which uses the same frame and suspension as this kit)...but seeing as I was going to have to do some hacking and cutting and shutting and messing I kept the kit part and messed with the one I'd made.

More soon, soon as I've done more! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for looking everyone - Tom, usually refreshing the page will bring them up, unless they're having an issue.

Haven't made much progress on this - I needed to get the frame, engine and body all in green (referencing the box art) so that I could actually assemble anything...but it took me FOREVER to find a green I liked - but I found one! 

1568298486314-vi.thumb.jpg.6536371405bddccbc33492d5448f76c0.jpg

This is Createx lime green pearl shot over a silver base...it's not actually a candy paint, but I over-reduced it to make it into one, and it came out pretty close to what I was after!  It's got a nice bright tone, but it flips to gold in the light as you move the parts around.  Just gotta clear all these bits (when the humidity drops a little anyway) and I can actually start building this thing :D