Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius/Model king 65' Plymouth AWB box art

Mr mopar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 6:47 PM, Mr mopar said:

Just placed my order with Model roundup for one of these kits .

Just ordered mine from a seller on eBay. It was a buck cheaper than MRU. I think by mid February it should arrive. 

Edited by Brutalform

On 12/24/2019 at 4:47 PM, Mr mopar said:

Just placed my order with Model roundup for one of these kits .

Just one?

With your screen name I would have thought at least a half dozen.

I'm waiting to see who has the best deal then I want to get AT LEAST a half dozen

40 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

Just one?

With your screen name I would have thought at least a half dozen.

I'm waiting to see who has the best deal then I want to get AT LEAST a half dozen

Bill I'm not a big fan of the 65 Plymouth but I hope they sell out so we can get a 65' Dodge coronet AWB  ! and if we do i'll get 6 of them .

Edited by Mr mopar

9 hours ago, slusher said:

Are those the ones with prepainted bodies??

Hope I am understanding your question correctly.....so here goes... 

No....the 1965 Coronet pre-paints were originally from Polar Lights tooling, now owned by Round 2.  The were also factory stock model  cars, not the AWB Coronets suggested above. 

The (again) presumption implied above is that Moebius/Model King eventually would do a second Coronet body to fit on their Golden Commandos AWB tooling that is just becoming available now.  

To my eye the Polar Lights Coronet bodies were never quite correct.  If Moebius/Model King ever did one in the future, I suspect the body would be much more true to the real car.....

Again, I apologize in advance if I've misinterpreted your question....

TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

On 1/9/2020 at 7:43 PM, Mr mopar said:

Bill I'm not a big fan of the 65 Plymouth but I hope they sell out so we can get a 65' Dodge coronet AWB  ! and if we do i'll get 6 of them .

I already have a '65 Coronet AWB started in resin and yes the '65 Plymouths  & Dodges are on my "fave" list, both in scale and 1:1.

31 minutes ago, kitswapper said:

I thought I would post a few shots of the Kit I was honored to do the Golden Commandos car artwork Thank you Dave Burkett

The kit is great... A long time coming!!

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

Man... I can’t wait to get into this kit. 
Thanks for sharing the pics, Jim. 

9 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Hope I am understanding your question correctly.....so here goes... 

No....the 1965 Coronet pre-paints were originally from Polar Lights tooling, now owned by Round 2.  The were also factory stock model  cars, not the AWB Coronets suggested above. 

The (again) presumption implied above is that Moebius/Model King eventually would do a second Coronet body to fit on their Golden Commandos AWB tooling that is just becoming available now.  

To my eye the Polar Lights Coronet bodies were never quite correct.  If Moebius/Model King ever did one in the future, I suspect the body would be much more true to the real car.....

Again, I apologize in advance if I've misinterpreted your question....

TIM 

Thanks Tim.

7 hours ago, alexis said:

I wonder what possibilities there are kit bashing this with a Butch Leal, "California Flash" car?

Can I get those big Hillborns to fit the Belvedere?  I'd guess so, but the will be only one way to find out. I'll have to buy this kit too!

If you buy the kit and don't like it, you could always send it to me and thanks!