Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can we see your model stash?

I think this is the first time mines been tidy enough to get pics. This is just the complete kits. Theres a few tubs of parts and maybe 25-30 started kits too. I've got them sorted into vw and porsche kits above my bench, american kits under the bench and to the right. Also to the right and under the us kits are larger boxes, my wheels sorted into sets in the black tubs with my resin (mostly vw and british cars) to the right of that. On another set of shelves I have more larger boxes that didn't fit the shelves. Up until this weekend most of thie was stacked on my couch due to a lack of shelving. Its kinda nice to be able to see it for a change

DSC05808.JPG

DSC05804.JPG

DSC05805.JPG

DSC05806.JPG

DSC05807.JPG

DSC05811.JPG

DSC05810.JPG

DSC05809.JPG

Great VW collection. Zender Corrado cabrio is tough to find. Sometime show your Best splitty in a resin thread. I'd love to see it. Same people do a Hebmuller cabrio I've twitched at. 

Wish mine was as neat. Thanks for showing us. 

1 hour ago, Michael Bloes said:

Good luck.   I have two kids - boys 30 & 18.  I'm a lifelong slot car, racing and bicycle guy and they have ZERO interest in any of it.  My youngest doesn't even want to drive.

Maybe if we had a Cell Phone collection or Play Station collection they would be interested !!!

LOL

I have a larger slot car collection than model car collection.  I'm thinking of writing detailed descriptions for each car so that when it comes time to dispose of them, they don't just throw them up on ebay with a "Here's another car from my dad's collection.  No returns"

Edited by Michael Bloes

8 hours ago, styromaniac said:

Thanks Scott. And the boxes on those shelves are 2 and 3 deep! My wife thinks I'm nuts....but those kits take me back to a lost childhood.

That really is a great nostalgic collection and nicely displayed. Takes me back.