Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two of the best drag cars I’ve ever seen

NYLIBUD

27 minutes ago, Chris in Berwyn said:

Wrinkle wall is backwards on the passenger side of the orange car.  It’s correct on the driver’s side.  

Are you kidding me?Both these cars are amazing,IMO....Pick,pick,pick...No I’m just joking.?You really needed to see them in person.

I think Hilton Zapata is the builder. They are amazing as I've seen the orange one in person. I have to agree the paint on the orange one could be better but as mentioned it looks much worse in photos than in person. I've noticed that with some other super detailers that sometimes the paint is just ok. Anyway, I think this Mustang by a friend of mine Curtis Dillon can hold it's own with them.

IMG_3821.JPG

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Ru serious,my phone sucks.And you can add this Mustang as one of the wildest builds I’ve seen.Wow,looks great.

Yes, they're way better than most show table pics that are usually taken from 3 feet away!

4 hours ago, bykr said:

I think Hilton Zapata is the builder. They are amazing as I've seen the orange one in person. I have to agree the paint on the orange one could be better but as mentioned it looks much worse in photos than in person. I've noticed that with some other super detailers that sometimes the paint is just ok. Anyway, I think this Mustang by a friend of mine Curtis Dillon can hold it's own with them.

IMG_3821.JPG

Something about this car....when I first look at it....makes me think....aquarium.

Anyone else?

I think super detailing is as difficult as a great paint job! Pre-planning the plumbing and the wiring then tying it all together is a real challenge in its self. Im a crazy detailer and it can certainly make you say a few choice words trying to accomplish your plan or shall I say your "illusion". So hats off to those builds. Contest table worthy and again great planning and imagination!!! Color,..... to each their own!

If I could paint and detail like Clay Kemp or John Teresi,.....WOW!!!!   Those are the masters of this great hobby and Im sure they have said a few choice words about their own builds!!

Oh Clays cars are incredible.His talent is outrageous.I wouldn’t put the Mustangs in the exact same class as Clays cars,but if you saw them in person under the lights,and not in a picture, you might agree, they’re pretty close.Hey too each his own.???? And Happy Thanks Giving to all.