Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Porsche 356 coupe

drodg

My daughter got me last year for Christmas this 356 snap right.   So I decided to give it a go.   It is a nice quality kit and everything goes together pretty well so far.  I am going to Tamiya clear the body and paint the interior Testors tan.  The engine I am going to do some basic detailing as it is real basic.   Honestly the engine is really the only weak part of the kit.  At $60.00 there really shouldn’t be any weak parts !!’ Anyhow I added a few pictures from working on it this week.  D047EF53-9A83-401D-841F-5C6FF4405597.thumb.jpeg.f35d4828ab073208ec70d1952589850e.jpegThanks 

0D423433-6B10-4232-AD10-4F5AE4EF5B91.jpeg

Edited by drodg

25 minutes ago, espo said:

This must be quite a kit at $60. Your daughter got it for you for Christmas so you must build it. I would think $60 would buy you a couple of really great kits with lots of details including the engines.  

I know!  It is 1/16 so kinda massive.   I love 356’s and this car looks right after it is built.   

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite done with this yet but man this has been a difficult model to build.  The interior going in to the body and then the glass mounting on the outside of the body after the interior is in.  I have had a hard time with this kit.  So much for easy snap!   I think it will still end up looking okay but would not recommend this for a newbie at model car building.  I should be able to post finished pictures by early next week.   

1 hour ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Thanks for putting this up.  I just recently got this kit and your build notes will be of great value. I have looked this kit over and it kinda looks like one of Revells 1/24 kits only made in 1/16 scale.  Your opinion would be appreciated. 

The kit overall is a nice kit.  The interior is a nightmare to get into the body.  I ended up clipping off the two front attachment points from the interior section and it went in okay.  The windows are tough.  Do not put the windshield in before the interior it will just pop out on you.   If you watch Chris’ video I think it is hpiguys workshop he gives a ton of pointers.   If when you start building it and have any difficulties just let me know I will try to help.  

1 hour ago, drodg said:

The kit overall is a nice kit.  The interior is a nightmare to get into the body.  I ended up clipping off the two front attachment points from the interior section and it went in okay.  The windows are tough.  Do not put the windshield in before the interior it will just pop out on you.   If you watch Chris’ video I think it is hpiguys workshop he gives a ton of pointers.   If when you start building it and have any difficulties just let me know I will try to help.  

Dave...thank you for the kind offer. Like many modelers on this forum I have a large stash...about 300+ , so I really don't know when I  will get to it. And the Porsche section of my  display cases  is pretty full to boot. But ya never know when the fancy strikes...so thanks again. I will follow your posts....it just might be the incentive to dig into this project. 

1 hour ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Dave...thank you for the kind offer. Like many modelers on this forum I have a large stash...about 300+ , so I really don't know when I  will get to it. And the Porsche section of my  display cases  is pretty full to boot. But ya never know when the fancy strikes...so thanks again. I will follow your posts....it just might be the incentive to dig into this project. 

I know the feeling.  I think I will build a Jo Han 69 Roadrunner as my next build but before the next two weeks I may change my mind!  Lol!