Model Cars Magazine Forum

'35 Dodge - Black Betty -

Reuhkapelti2

Thanks! Tom is learning finnish! 

Today I did some final touches to the body shell and then I mixed some paint. Red, blue, black and gold. I brushed it to the body and hmmmm I'm not sure if it's dark enough. 

The rag top is made of plastic sheets and green bondo. It's not ready yet either. 

IMG_20200104_222057.jpg

IMG_20200104_222125.jpg

Sorry for the double video, the first one doesn't start from the beginning. I can't figure out how to delete it. The second video starts from the very first note though. 

I added more black paint,  brushed it to the body shell and now it´s darker. I also fixed the front fender fail. i didn't realize the crack until applyed paint on it. After the paint has dried I will put clear lacquer on it and hopefully smooth some of those brush marks left on the surface.

IMG_20200105_141238.jpg

IMG_20200105_141258.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2

Congratulations, Ismo, you have yourself a 35 Plymouth roadster!  It is amazing how you have completely hidden the Chevrolet origins of your model.  You have also nailed the stance and generally menacing presence of this rod..   And the colour looks pretty close too!  Top effort!

Cheers

Alan

Hey thanks everyone, I really appreciate your kind comments. 

I've been looking my build closely. The paint didn't make me happy, so I sanded it matte. I will put fresh paint on it, but not with a brush. 

Got the radiator and the hoses installed. I wonder, why there is two hoses going up to the radiator? Well I put the other one go down to the engine. Also the rear axle found it's place. 

I'm waiting the magazine I bought to arrive, hoping there's a picture of the interior. 

The A-pillars in the pic are not ready. 

IMG_20200112_174532.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2

Okay I painted Black Betty again. This time first gray primer, then metallic black. It was too grayish, so I sprayed shiny black on it. That covered all the metallic effect, so I sprayed very lightly that metallic black again. Then a few coats of clear varnish. 

The dash and the steering wheel is there. Also the seats. 

The side boards will be painted later. Also I will change those two tubes that are supporting the radiator. They are too thick now. 

IMG_20200114_215951.jpg

IMG_20200114_214338.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2