Model Cars Magazine Forum

If anybody has built the AMT LNT8000’s

17 hours ago, steve1970 said:

My first LNT-8000, finished this one in 2016 with Tamiya Camel Yellow and Bright Red.  Pretty "plain Jane" but it was a fun build.

IMG_9880.jpg

IMG_9882.jpg

IMG_9888.jpg

Still don’t  know if I have the skill set to attempt the dump truck much less the entire plow truck set up. I’m still leaning towards doing it as a tractor. However it’s still winter and I have about 60 days before Spring. So enough time to change my mind a few hundred times or more.

On 2/14/2020 at 5:45 PM, steve1970 said:

My first LNT-8000, finished this one in 2016 with Tamiya Camel Yellow and Bright Red.  Pretty "plain Jane" but it was a fun build.

IMG_9880.jpg

IMG_9882.jpg

IMG_9888.jpg

Steve a couple of questions if I may. Did you build the ladder on the side of the bed? Where did you get the Red and White reflective tape that is on the bed? Thanks

On 2/19/2020 at 6:14 AM, JerseeJerry55 said:

Steve a couple of questions if I may. Did you build the ladder on the side of the bed? Where did you get the Red and White reflective tape that is on the bed? Thanks

The ladder was an extra from the AMT Fruehauf tanker trailer and cut in half.  The reflective tape came from PSF Hobbies (they have an eBay store), and the packaging looks like these (see link) with the "Lin-O-tape" logo on them: https://www.megahobby.com/brands/Line-O-Tape.html

50 minutes ago, steve1970 said:

The ladder was an extra from the AMT Fruehauf tanker trailer and cut in half.  The reflective tape came from PSF Hobbies (they have an eBay store), and the packaging looks like these (see link) with the "Lin-O-tape" logo on them: https://www.megahobby.com/brands/Line-O-Tape.html

Steve thank you very much. Have a great day.

8 hours ago, Joe Thomas said:

Thanks Jersee Jerry.  I'm originally from Jersey and saw many of these.  The salt load is a piece of hard open cell white foam carved to resemble salt.

Now live in NC where as I post a 3 in. snowfall is paralyzing the whole state.

Thanks for the info. Sorry the snows an issue for you guys down there. Stay safe. Have a great day. 

Edited by JerseeJerry55

33 minutes ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Good morning. Have a question. I have a nice set of front floats. Can I get away with using them and keeping the kit drives the standard width? 

It's your build you can do anything you want......but.....from a realism point of view, wide tires suck in the snow so I doubt you'll see many plow trucks with front floats  (might see a few in the ditch!)