Model Cars Magazine Forum

17 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

Some of those early dragsters make me want to go hide in a closet, especially the three-wheelers.  It was all about speed, safety be-damned.  Love those pictures., saw a couple of ideas of how I could use some leftover parts.

Lots of great ideas in those photos ?

22 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

vette.jpg

Funny story, well maybe strange, even heartbreaking,  this car was burned to the ground. I use to belong to the Miniature Railroad Club of York, PA, which is right beside the former garage of Dave Strickler, owner and driver of the Old Reliable cars. Some of the old rr club members recounted the story of one night, the gang hanging out in Strickler's garage, in a drunken fit, rolled the car across the street to a vacant lot, poured gas on it, and lit it up. Apparently, the car was sitting in the driveway of the garage unused and for sale. With no buyers, after awhile, they got tired of looking at it. At least that's the story I was told many years ago. BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH shame.

Jeff 

1 hour ago, Goose1957 said:

Funny story, well maybe strange, even heartbreaking,  this car was burned to the ground. I use to belong to the Miniature Railroad Club of York, PA, which is right beside the former garage of Dave Strickler, owner and driver of the Old Reliable cars. Some of the old rr club members recounted the story of one night, the gang hanging out in Strickler's garage, in a drunken fit, rolled the car across the street to a vacant lot, poured gas on it, and lit it up. Apparently, the car was sitting in the driveway of the garage unused and for sale. With no buyers, after awhile, they got tired of looking at it. At least that's the story I was told many years ago. BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH shame.

Jeff 

That would be terribly sad if it's true