Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truxmore Torino

yellowsportwagon

This is number twelve on my list of 72 Torinos that raced Nascar. I’m trying to do them all. Have at least 7 more to do. This will be Dick Brooks Michigan August 1972. I do believe this car still had the 429 CJ engine in it rather than the boss 9.so far fuel filler is moved frt wells opened and flared appropriately handles and marker lights filled. TBird chassis has been stretched and 429 CJ is being mocked up. The engine came from the kit I stole the body from to do my Pearson Riverside Torino.

0F906707-21A5-414A-948E-3CCA3541687E.jpeg

676C8A36-9D1A-4EBC-A28F-20E5DEE5F23B.jpeg

02763416-A475-4613-B6D3-CCDDA0C40F09.jpeg

11 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

This is the end result I’m after

BF88987E-1613-4E8C-905B-9A17BFB75321.jpeg

Further behind in line behind the White Ford is that a Petty car with a white roof?  Nice Truxmore car too..Those were the good days of NASCAR..

Edited by moparfarmer

4 hours ago, Vietnam Vet67 said:

Owner was Junie Donlavey. One of the classic old time independent owners. Raced from 1950 to 2002. 863 races run............1 win. Just about everybody who was racing back then drove for Donlavey at one time or another.

Truth right here! Junie was one of the sports greatest.

6 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

Further behind in line behind the White Ford is that a Petty car with a white roof?  Nice Truxmore car too..Those were the good days of NASCAR..

That's not a Petty 43....the blue is not the Petty blue. Could be a number of independent drivers. 

Tim.....I like the version you picked of the Donlevy 72.....do you know how many races they ran with this scheme??? It's one I have not seen before.....most Donlevy cars had the scalloped red mask on the front end. Looks good....

Beautiful work! While your skill and building talents are quite evident, your productivity is nothing less than awe inspiring. You said there were at least 7 left to go, so you should be done by the weekend!

Gorgeous work on the front fender flares also.

John

19 minutes ago, john843 said:

Beautiful work! While your skill and building talents are quite evident, your productivity is nothing less than awe inspiring. You said there were at least 7 left to go, so you should be done by the weekend!

Gorgeous work on the front fender flares also.

John

Man getting decals done and finding cheap Johan bodies is my holdup. Some of my cars have been in the works a long time. Behind the scenes. I’ve been researching some of the obscure ones for years.Often times I’ll paint a whole bunch then set them aside. I can build a simple stretch chassis Torino or Chevelle in about two weeks not including body and paint. I have been on a roll lately. There is one Torino that is eluding me. Six years and no progress. Marvin Welty owned it Dick Brooks wheeled it to five DNFs in 1972. I won’t stop till I find a better picture. You can just see the frt corner in the top picture. It’s driving my ocd butt nuts

F58927C4-0CCD-4D2E-AE70-A2206A7FBC95.png

12 hours ago, Dave Van said:

That's not a Petty 43....the blue is not the Petty blue. Could be a number of independent drivers. 

Tim.....I like the version you picked of the Donlevy 72.....do you know how many races they ran with this scheme??? It's one I have not seen before.....most Donlevy cars had the scalloped red mask on the front end. Looks good....

Dave Van I don’t know how many races it was like this. But I have a picture with Ramo at Talladega Dick Brooks at Michigan in August. I have another with Jackie Oliver. Forgot what race. This car was painted differently in back also. The picture with Jackie shows the color more accurately. The car was Acapulco blue.

51721838-E54E-4178-AEEA-402564555392.png

8AD114AC-0A6F-4A28-A8D8-92120EA0EBE6.png

50F25D66-0A62-4CF6-B3B1-EBD64DE2F691.jpeg