Model Cars Magazine Forum

Identification of kits with extra HOOD inquiry

I am working diligently on my diorama and have decided to hang (4) 1/25th scale hoods on the walls. I have 3 spares designated. 68-69 Camaro SS hood, 70 Challenger R/T hood and 69 Chevelle double hump hood. I need a 4th different one. I have decent stash of Muscle car kits but I am not knowledgeable as to which ones have spare hoods in them. I am kind of hoping for a Ford one to balance out my GM and Mopar selections. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

34 minutes ago, Deuces ll said:

1964 Fairlane from Revell... The latest kit has 2 hoods.. One stock and the other a teardrop bubble...

Guido, Thanks for the info. I have the Streetburner version released in 2006. That can be an option though I would likely build the kit WITH the teardrop hood.

Bill, here are some extra hoods I have in the bin:

DSC03985-vi.jpg

The two on the right front are from '67 GTO kits, the one next to them is from a '66 T-bird kit, the other front one is from a '65 Pontiac kit, I think.

The one on the left in the center row is from a '69 Corvair kit. The other three I'm not sure about.

Back row, right to left, looks like a '55 or so Chevy hood, a late 80's, early 90's Chevy pickup hood,  a NASCAR hood, a Firebird hood, and a '65 ElCamino hood.

Let me know if you can use any of these.

Edited by Bucky

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

Bill, here are some extra hoods I have in the bin:

The two on the right front are from '67 GTO kits, the one next to them is from a '66 T-bird kit, the other front one is from a '65 Pontiac kit, I think.

The one on the left in the center row is from a '69 Corvair kit. The other three I'm not sure about.

Back row, right to left, looks like a '55 or so Chevy hood, a late 80's, early 90's Chevy pickup hood,  a NASCAR hood, a Firebird hood, and a '65 ElCamino hood.

Let me know if you can use any of these.

Keith,

Thank you so much for the generous offer. I just accepted an offer for a Mustang hood with a factory 351/428CJ hood scoop like 5 minutes ago. Again thanks for offering to help.