Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little resin bodied drag car

Been working a little on this drag car . I believe the resin Ford body is a Flintstone item . Chassis and engine is the AMT Fiat double dragster item . Had to modify the chassis a little . Body was supposed to be a drop on but we all know how that goes . Making a floor and firewall from sheet plastic . 

7629E565-0040-4B48-B95C-92C6FF92FB09.jpeg

60AF9A9A-925C-4098-B4A3-E9E51C996751.jpeg

I wonder if that has been cast off the undersized AMT 34 Ford coupe?  I have one at home and will have to check on my return.

It's really got me thinking about doing something similar with the Revell miniature coupe body - Ive got a spare plus the Double Dragster frame in my stash!

Cheers

Alan

11 hours ago, cobraman said:

Been working a little on this drag car . I believe the resin Ford body is a Flintstone item . Chassis and engine is the AMT Fiat double dragster item . Had to modify the chassis a little . Body was supposed to be a drop on but we all know how that goes . Making a floor and firewall from sheet plastic . 

60AF9A9A-925C-4098-B4A3-E9E51C996751.jpeg

Looks like you mounted the front axle under the frame, instead of ahead of it, for some reason. :unsure:

1 hour ago, alan barton said:

It's really got me thinking about doing something similar with the Revell miniature coupe body - Ive got a spare plus the Double Dragster frame in my stash!

Alan

Biggest problem with that body is the WAY too short hood. So here's what I'm doing with one, which does away with the hood: 

12 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Cool, reminds me a little of the roundy round hot rods on this side of the pond

Yeah, they used to have rounds at club meetings when I was there with the BMW CC races a couple of decades back. I can't remember what their race series was called

They had motorbike engines and one seat, I thought they'd make great one-man road cars.