Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ian Roussel ..

18 hours ago, Jantrix said:

I think there are a lot of shows that all have something we'd like to change.

Graveyard Cars - throw Mark Worman from a bridge

Bitchin Rides - Kevin goes with Mark Worman

Bad Chad - a vow of silence

Counts Customs - actually show more than 30 seconds of the build. EDIT: Horny Mike goes with Kevin and Mark Worman.

Overhauling - Chris gets punched EVERY episode

West Coast Customs - just cancel it

Full Custom Garage - Victor never appears again

Chasing Classic Cars - Wayne Corrini adopts me

Speed is the New Black - some new freaking episodes please!

Iron Resurrection - less time teasing Bumpa and getting parts and more time on the builds.

I avoid anything that's "reality" based... I don't need the drama.... ?

11 hours ago, Scott Colmer said:

Jantrix- Great list! I got a few good laughs out of that one.

What about Ant the Master mechanic?

Glad you enjoyed. I really like Ant. He's a very skilled fella and takes time to explain how things work. 

1 hour ago, Chuckyg1 said:

Not mentioned yet is Phantom Works. I really like the down to earth style of Dan and his crew. 

I quite agree. If I had a car screwed up by someone else, I'd take it to Dan to get it un-screwed up. Sadly though the show is over. From what I've read these shows demand a LOT of time from the cast, and get in the way of day to to day operations of the garage. I can imagine Dan would only put up with that for so long. Long work days. That's why Shorty doesn't appear on the current season of Iron Resurrection. As a recent grandfather, he wanted more family time. I find these shows facinating and fun for the most part. I like keeping them on in the background when I'm building.

On 8/13/2020 at 2:15 PM, Jantrix said:

Counts Customs - actually show more than 30 seconds of the build. EDIT: Horny Mike goes with Kevin and Mark Worman.

Iron Resurrection - less time teasing Bumpa and getting parts and more time on the builds.

I agree except for Kevin, and triple yes on the last 3!

On 8/13/2020 at 1:15 PM, Jantrix said:

Not a bad list and I agree 110% on the first 3 (Mark is an HR nightmare come to life, can’t stand how Kevin acts on camera, and not a fan of BadChad) but I can tolerate Chris (he’s completely different on “Long Lost Family”) and Horny Mike, while Victor may have his moments, that could hurt the show from a project standpoint.

Ian Roussel's show and Roadkill are the two car shows I will watch in their entirety. Used to like the one with Peter Klutt, Dream Car Garage?  He knows his stuff and seems legit, too. I don't even bother with stuff like Street Outlaws, Graveyard Cars, Counting Cars, Ass Monkey whatever it is, Overhaul'in, Bitch'n Rides, etc. Complete nonsense in my book.  I will occasionally record Chasing Classic Cars or "Garage Squad" (which is goofy, but sometimes has somewhat neat cars), I usually fast forward through these and only stop on something if it interests me or to the end to see the finished car on Garage Squad. The absolute worst car show IMO was PINKS. Idiot premise and that bald dope that ran it wasn't even a car guy. LMAO when I saw the youtube video of him dumping his bike in front of a crowd at one of the events!