Model Cars Magazine Forum

1987 Nissan Bluebird SSS-R

echoxrayniner

Bet this is the first one on this forum, reckon it'll be a weird sight to spot a Stanza between all the muscle. I've been on a Hasegawa kick lately with their Historic Cars series, they're just utterly amazingly well put together and honestly, I'd argue they're surpassing Tamiya in sheer quality. Not to mention, they're pumping out half a dozen new tools a year now. This is the SSS-R version, albeit engineless, which held the weird claim to fame that it was the single best equipped factory rally car from the eighties. It was entirely road legal, but came equipped with a fat, thick skid plate, offroad tires, a roll-bar and this outrageous yet utterly fitting of the era paint scheme that proudly displayed the specs of the ATTESA 4WD system and the turbocharger. Also, incase you're wondering why there's '87 Idaho plates on a car that never left Japan? Happened to have a spare set that was meant to go on a '87 Buick GNX, same scale and all.

1987_bluebirdsss-r-10.jpg

1987_bluebirdsss-r-12.jpg

1987_bluebirdsss-r-5.jpg

1987_bluebirdsss-r-6.jpg

1987_bluebirdsss-r-7.jpg

1987_bluebirdsss-r-9.jpg

1987_bluebirdsss-r-17.jpg

1987_bluebirdsss-r-15.jpg

1987_bluebirdsss-r-1.jpg

On 8/27/2020 at 10:31 PM, Spottedlaurel said:

Good to see one built, you've done a great job with it.

I really liked the Hasegawa kit I recently built (Sunny Truck) and I have a few more to go. I agree with your comments about their quality.

Hah, what a coincidence! I just purchased the Datsun Sunny kit along with the Isuzu Gemini by Lotus. Also, thanks y'all!