Model Cars Magazine Forum

International RF-190

On 10/6/2020 at 12:52 PM, stenfalk said:

Somehow the curves of these early trucks were prettier than the streamlined ones that dominate the trucks today. Much more charm and elegance in my opinion. And this will be a very nice model, an ornament for every showcase!

Very good point stenfalk, they were  sculptured pieces of art, much  more easier on the eye than the more boxier shapes covered by Ertl, especially the  rough severe service construction front ends of the Paystar series.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

2 hours ago, leafsprings said:

Very nice work on the RF 190 Brian, like the fact you used the Ertl IH spoke wheels with their unique look. The build would look spot on with  some Union Pacific Railroad decals!

Thanks! I was actually going to use Union Pacific yellow but ended up using Chicago & Northwestern yellow. I actually found a picture of one of these with this style wheels on it. It is possible that it was an r200 though.

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Thanks for all of the comments guys! This one is under glass now.

Brian, what size of display case do you have?   It is not fair to put the picture of a real truck and pass it off as a scale model!  Jokes aside, he's just great, yellow suits him really well!  Another success to your credit my friend!!! ?

On 10/20/2020 at 11:30 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Brian, what size of display case do you have?   It is not fair to put the picture of a real truck and pass it off as a scale model!  Jokes aside, he's just great, yellow suits him really well!  Another success to your credit my friend!!! ?

Thanks for the kind words but I believe that you might be the one passing off the real thing as a model. ?

On 10/20/2020 at 11:46 AM, Vettegasser said:

Awesome work again  sir

Thanks!!

On 10/20/2020 at 1:51 PM, gotnitro? said:

Very well done   ! 

Thanks Jeff!

7 hours ago, landman said:

She is a beauty. Did you scratch up that engine?

Thanks Pat.
The engine is definitely not  completely accurate, nor near the quality of your scratch built engines.  I started with an old Mack block out of the DM 600 kit. The valve cover was made from two Detroit valve covers. In retrospect I should have cut some more off of the lower side of the block and narrowed the oil pan a little more to get my dimensions a little closer, but since it is curb side and  not very visible I let it pass.

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71