Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto World limited edition

Oldcarfan27

On 11/23/2020 at 7:26 PM, niteowl7710 said:

Well guys keep in mind they're reissuing the Ford Courier in it's "Minivan" version with I guess what one would consider it's "fleetside" bed as a normal "new" kit.  So while you have the tooling up and running, it's effectively no cost to toss the stepside bed insert in and run off 500 of them in that tooling configuration.  The main costs would be the box, decals, and new wheel tooling - presuming they're brand new-new, and it isn't borrowing the Vector wheels from something else.

Indeed.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:16 PM, Plowboy said:

IIRC, the Monroe Handler is a long style side bed. I was surprised that it's a 2wd instead of a 4wd

I didn't recall correctly with this statement. The Monroe Handler is a short styleside instead of a long. The photo on the box is a long bed. But, the kit inside is a short bed. Kinda makes me wonder if the sealed "Bush Baby" I have is 4wd or 2wd. 

Edited by Plowboy

5 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

I didn't recall correctly with this statement. The Monroe Handler is a short styleside instead of a long. The photo on the box is a long bed. But, the kit inside is a short bed. Kinda makes me wonder if the sealed "Bush Baby" I have is 4wd or 2wd. 

Interesting...it's been over 40 years since I built the Monroe kit, thought it was a long bed.  Need to dig it out, it's still in my folks house in my upstairs bedroom closet I think...

10 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Interesting...it's been over 40 years since I built the Monroe kit, thought it was a long bed.  Need to dig it out, it's still in my folks house in my upstairs bedroom closet I think...

I did too. But, I measured it (2.9" or 74mms). It sure looks longer between the rear of the cab and front of the wheel opening than the Couriers with the stepside bed.