Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diorama Harley Davidson, Wheels in time.

fb358727

Here some pictures of the diorama. it took more than three years, approximately 3000 working hours.
The museum in Sturgis has personally invited me to obtain the diorama to exhibit there, which is quite an honor.
Enjoy the photos ... I'm now working on a second one with the theme 'David Mann.' This is expected in 2022.

IMG_8410 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8396 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8399 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8418 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8428 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8432 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8451 (Kopie).JPG

binnen.jpg

IMG_8411 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8463 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8490 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8494 (Kopie).JPG

• Like 1

Everything is buildings in scale 1/24.
The figures have been purchased, some are American diorama, the others come from Germany and the US via ebay.
The diorama is 90% built from nothing, wood, metal, tin etc etc ... Only the bikes were bought from the series Harley Davidson and Maisto 1/24. Very difficult to find the right types, many come from the US, Maisto from the Netherlands and a few dealers on the net. a dozen motorcycles were bought to make parts, others were totally rebuilt, repainted and new things were manufactured such as the side bags, toolback etc ... My years of experience as a motorcyclist and builder of choppers helped me with that. buildings of interest and all that I could find, including the welding machine, the air pump, the oil pumps. Only the gas pump is also a purchase from the USA. NAdien it was completely outdated and adapted to the theme. The diorama is equipped with light inside that runs on batteries and whereby the lights etc. can be replaced. It is currently in great demand for its display. Sturgis in the US is even asking to have it for their motorcycle museum. Surely it cost several thousand euros / dollar in materials during the three years.

IMG_8400 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8413 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8459 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8442 (Kopie).JPG

IMG_8410 (Kopie).JPG

• Like 1

You have put a great deal of time, money and work into building this diorama, Patrick........ This is something that you can be proud of, and from what you say, the motorcycle museum in the US would like to have this model in their display. Three years to build, and you cannot put a price on that !

David

Three years of work is also three years of spending. You are shocked by the total price this diorama has cost. Every week you are in the shop to buy things, to renew, to try them out, etc etc ... Of course STURGIS, the museum is a great honor ... But then it is gone, donated, I myself am from Belgium and will probably never go to Sturgis. Difficult decision.
I am now working on my second diorama. This diorama should overshadow the first, theme David Mann. Very difficult to get choppers, 70s, figures do not exist, and if you find something it costs a fortune to get it here. I hope to have it ready in 2022. This time scale 1/18. I am very excited to be able to finish this.

• Like 1