Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kits they never issued- but should have

36 minutes ago, Sledsel said:

I thought this subject was for kits shown and or announced that never made the light of day.

The OP said: 

Everybody has one- a list of models never released, not released in a scale you build, or only as something so inaccurate as to be useless.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:05 PM, keyser said:

And Windowsill. The 57’s have straight windowsills, the 55 is slanted, incorrect. Same cab, unsure if they included correct cabs in 55 later issues. I put 57 cabs on my 55’s. 

They did fix the windowsills, after the initial run of the Cameo kit.  Later issues of the Cameo and the '55 Stepside "Street Machine" had straight windowsills. I have one corrected and one uncorrected Cameo kit.  The uncorrected kit will be used under an AAM resin '55 Chevy panel truck, one of these centuries...

* 2015 or newer Charger (like seriously??!!)

* Firehawk!!!!!!!!!!!! Any year. Lindbergh’s 1/20 kit doesn’t count.

* 96-97 Trans Am Ram Air

* 98+ Trans am (not Ram Air)

* 98+ Trans am variants - 30th Anniversary white with blue stripes and blue wheels, Yellow Collector Edition

*SRT Challenger, other Challenger variants

* 84 Trans am (the lower trim was unique that year)

On 5/14/2021 at 7:15 AM, Deuces ll said:

Anyone mention the Bill Thomas Cheetah???.... In 1/25 scale???... I do have this old Aurora HO slot car that I built with all the vintage speed goodies... I just wish we had a cool model of one....

IMG_20200802_163417.jpg

oh heck yeah!  sign me up for a couple of those!  i have a 1/24 scale Cheetah slot car from the 60's (i think it's a Cox).  actually drag raced it in the mid 90's.  id love to make a modern version of it.