Model Cars Magazine Forum

Really old build,  A lot of my friends are military modelers and their general attitude (jokingly) was if you didn't build armor you weren't really a modeler. They had a contest coming up and  wanted me to enter something and said this kit would be a great staring place.  They were correct modifications include, Smooth and center turret on chassis, smooth side panels that include fences for the rear carbon fiber wing, side air intakes, smoothed front panel with SSR headlamps, chrome main gun, chrome machine guns with carbon fiber ammo boxes, new mesh rear grills, Mustang ll tail lamps. Rear diffuser and wooden F1 legality plank, full set of centerline bogie wheels with red and blue side markings, lowered the ride height, tracks with slick rubber pads,  and additional air scoops on the turret.  Once the body was smoothed it was sprayed in three different Chrome illusion  colors to create a color shifting camouflaged paint scheme. The clear for some reason has lost some of it's shine mostly from abuse an handling over the years.  May try to bring it back some day.  The model did create quite a few conversations and laughs but they quit asking me to model military .   Let me say here that this was for fun and I have the utmost  respect for military modelers and their attention to detail and accuracy, and have made use of many of the procedures  and products they use I my other modeling. 

IMG_6806.JPG

IMG_6807.JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

IMG_6809.JPG

IMG_6810.JPG

IMG_6811.JPG

IMG_6812.JPG

IMG_6813.JPG

IMG_6814.JPG

I love it!  That was a great way to get those guys off your back.  ?  I've built military subjects too, started out with Bandai 1/48 German Afrika Korps, but haven't done anything for years.  Have a bunch of kits that are automotive related, transport trucks, armored cars, and recently several Mercedes 170V, but they are low on my radar.  I did this years ago, for a slump buster.  Anyway, really like your M1 F1.  ?

S tank side Lambo.jpg

Love it, but I think I might have you out gunned  However your looks quicker 

2 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I love it!  That was a great way to get those guys off your back.  ?  I've built military subjects too, started out with Bandai 1/48 German Afrika Korps, but haven't done anything for years.  Have a bunch of kits that are automotive related, transport trucks, armored cars, and recently several Mercedes 170V, but they are low on my radar.  I did this years ago, for a slump buster.  Anyway, really like your M1 F1.  ?

S tank side Lambo.jpg

LOL