Model Cars Magazine Forum

Polar Lights Mach V and Monogram Ferrari Daytona.

Dragonhawk1066

A couple of quick builds I've been working on over the past couple of weeks. Not my best work, but they still look ok. Speed's ride is painted Tamiya TS-26 Pure White, while Franco and Smitty's Gumball entry is done in Tamiya TS-8 Italian Red, of course. I didn't go too heavy on the details on either, especially the Ferrari. Since the kit is based on a "kit car" and includes a Chevy powerplant that I already took some parts off of and the exhaust is funky looking, I didn't build it complete, so it's pretty much a curbside. I did drill out the holes on the wheels for the Mach 5 and printed out a random gauge cluster that would fit in the dash. I wish they would have included water slide decals with the stickers as the M was pretty tricky to place seeing as how you really get only one shot at it, lol. I was on the fence about posting these, but then I figured "what the heck", lol. Anyways, thanks for looking!

DSCN6497.JPG

DSCN6535.JPG

DSCN6499.JPG

DSCN6502.JPG

DSCN6505.JPG

DSCN6506.JPG

DSCN6514.JPG

DSCN6518.JPG

DSCN6536.JPG

DSCN6539.JPG

DSCN6544.JPG

DSCN6545.JPG

DSCN6554.JPG

DSCN6556.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

22 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Is the Ferrari based on the Miami Vice version which was a look-a-like.  Nice job on both.  The Mach 5 is probably not an easy build.  Was there ever a model of Racer X?

Thanks! Yeah, I think the Ferrari is pretty much the same as the Miami Vice kit, with both having the Chevy engine and funky exhaust with the cat converter. The Mach 5 is a snap kit, so it's not really difficult at all, and I do not recall ever seeing a Racer X kit of any kind, although it would be a must have to pair with the Mach.

4 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Thanks! Yeah, I think the Ferrari is pretty much the same as the Miami Vice kit, with both having the Chevy engine and funky exhaust with the cat converter. The Mach 5 is a snap kit, so it's not really difficult at all, and I do not recall ever seeing a Racer X kit of any kind, although it would be a must have to pair with the Mach.

Thanks.  A quick Ebay search only came up with a 1/18 diecast of Racer X’s car.

Edited by vamach1