Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maisto 2017 Corvette Grand Sport

bogger44

Felt the need to slam something together without a lot of work so I brought this to the bench this week and cranked it out.  Really only did a little paint detailing here and there and called it good.  The side mirrors are molded in a light, sorta metallic, gray much lighter than the body, so I shot them with some Tamiya TS42 Gun Metal with a light coat of TS71 Smoke over it for a pretty close match.  I love the two toned interior, but the seats were all blue except the centers, the real ones are black along the sides & backs so I painted them accordingly.  Some flat clear was sprayed over everything in the interior to knock down the shine, and finally painted the few aluminum trim pieces.  The chassis plate is nothing to really show, but did paint up the simplified molded in suspension & exhaust.  Same goes for under the hood, though it is a bit more detailed (even though I believe the engine represents as a Z06).  Was a fun build and love the looks of it.  Some of these Maisto offering make for some pretty good lookers, even with as simple as they are.

2v2aftaZzxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aftaAFxAKN8F.jpg

2v2afteoMxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aftat5xAKN8F.jpg

2v2afta7rxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aftaLdxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aftayzxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aftar5xAKN8F.jpg

2v2afta8rxAKN8F.jpg

2v2afteurxAKN8F.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...