Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 agora Lamborghini Miura

Brudda

• 2 months later...

I was watching a YouTube video detailing the restoration of 1:1 one of these. Close up, the welding on the chassis is not so pretty. Your model is turning out superb, and probably better built than the 1:1 item. 
Doesn't seem that far away from competition now?

I'll be biting the big bucks bullet on this kit soon, waiting to get the FULL kit, probably available in January!

I love what you've done to it so far!

Is it as great a kit as it looks to be?

I have the Pocher Aventador also, which I started but after my father-in-laws passing, it got burried under his stuff, and my wife isn't quite ready to let it go yet, so it's not accessible.

However, someday I'll have both of these Lambos built to display together, I LOVE the Miura!

Here's what's under the front of the Aventador, so far!

Cheers, or should I say CIAO!

IMG_4264re.JPG

• Like 1

20 hours ago, beeRS said:

I was watching a YouTube video detailing the restoration of 1:1 one of these. Close up, the welding on the chassis is not so pretty. Your model is turning out superb, and probably better built than the 1:1 item. 
Doesn't seem that far away from competition now?

Thank you beeRS. I will be working on it this weekend. You’re right, I believe I’m getting close to completion. The kit is pretty cool. You have to model it though. Some things need fitting and drilling. You can tell the modelers from the guys who just assemble. The modelers make it nice. The assemblers just complain. 

• Like 1

Put the front end together. Lights, grill and supports. Received another tire/wheel. Thought I was just about finished but there is a lot more stuff it needs. This kit is more complex than most 1/8 assemble kits. You have to model this one. There are things that do not fit. You have to modify/ model this kit. It’s more work. The just assemble crowd is going to cry. Maybe that’s why you do not see many finished. But when you do model it, it is a fantastic build of a Muira. The shape alone is to die for. Here it is so far. 

22C6B29D-A7E6-4B1C-90D7-F2560DB7EE50.jpeg

B0150DB9-711F-4BDE-8E87-EE2701609174.jpeg

8DFD242B-A3A7-4182-893A-CEEF02462E43.jpeg

ECB03DF2-3C4C-4A06-81B1-20662EC0507F.jpeg

915E5D35-36A2-4B57-AF86-7DDF0E5D96C0.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Getting off my rearend and started to finish the Miura. Here is the rear end of the Miura. The details are very nice on the model. You do have to model this kit. Some pieces need adjustment or modifications but overall it’s a nice kit. If you have ever worked on a real Italian super car , you will know what I mean. 

IMG_8497.jpeg

IMG_8496.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys , finally am able to finish this build. The last steps are the hardest. The body fit is really bad. I had to cut slice and modify the mounts to fit this body. Still not a great fit for me. The silver rocker covers were terrible. I had to remove all the mounts and superglue the rockers on. While it looks ok now , it was a pain . Do not expect this kit to go together easy. You will have to model her. Here are the finished pics. Glamor shots will be at a later date. Hopefully tomorrow. 

IMG_8616.jpeg

IMG_8615.jpeg

IMG_8614.jpeg

IMG_8610.jpeg

IMG_8611.jpeg

IMG_8612.jpeg

IMG_8609.jpeg