Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for this specific Motorcycle kit.Update I got the kit

fshoemake

I am looking for this specific kit.My Son had found it a long with a couple older kits in a box that someone had set out in a box on their curb for big trash pickup day.He was looking forward to building it and was telling me how excited he was because he had never built a motorcycle kit.Unfortunatly we lost him on Friday the 13th.He was 33 years young.His girlfriend brought all the kits he had to me because she knew from him telling stories about us building together that they would mean something to me.I was going to build the kit in his memory since he never got it done.To my disappointment when I opened it to see what he had done to it there is not a frame for the bike.I dont know if he had it somewhere different or it was just missing.I am reaching out to all of you to see if anyone has the frame or the kit.I'm not asking for it to just,be given to me.Let me know what you like and see if we can't work something out.It would mean the world to me to build it in his honor .Thank you in advance for reading my post

20220525_060927.jpg

Edited by fshoemake

Gone too soon. Wish I could help but I haven’t done a motorcycle kit in decades. I’m talking since I was about 11 or 12 years old. I, too have been looking out for a couple vintage motocross kits from the 70s myself. 

Have you tried eBay? Good luck on your search. We’d love to see this one built up.

On 5/25/2022 at 8:05 AM, fshoemake said:

Update. I found the frame mixed in with another kit.But after doing complete inventory on the kit I am missing  part E6 gas tank half and part E4 front fender 

I was reading about your quest and I happened to look to my right and there was sitting this kit. It's partially assembled and and has the fuel tank and fender. I am not going to build it as I think the tires were not the correct ones and don't fit the rims. It's yours if ya want it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

I was reading about your quest and I happened to look to my right and there was sitting this kit. It's partially assembled and and has the fuel tank and fender. I am not going to build it as I think the tires were not the correct ones and don't fit the rims. It's yours if ya want it.

Outstanding!!!

That gesture "right there" ....is exactly "what" makes me so proud to be part of this forum!!!

Kevin

• Like 1

• fshoemake changed the title to Looking for this specific Motorcycle kit.Update I got the kit

Thank you to lordairgtar.He had the kit I was looking for and graciously sent it to me.I will post pics once I start building it.Thank you to all of you for your kind words and gestures it means so much to him mother and I. You all are awesome 

• Like 1