Model Cars Magazine Forum

40 Wiilys Gasser Pickup

bluestringer

This thing gave me all kinds of problems, but I finally got it done. The hood is not hinged, I had to use some styrene tube to build up the hinge area to get the hood to fit up and back so it would close a big gap at the top of the firewall. I used Tamiya blue and cleared with Revive It floor polish. At one point I messed up the paint on the top and had to spot spray it. Nothing seemed to fit right on this kit and for some reason my glue wasn't holding parts on very good and stuff kept falling off. But, here it is warts and all. All comments welcome and thanks for looking. 

_IGP1235.jpg

_IGP1236.jpg

_IGP1237.jpg

_IGP1238.jpg

_IGP1239.jpg

• Like 2

Your end result is a totally believable rendition.  When you look at the model you know all the warts and details that didn't quite work the way you might have liked.  When I see the photos I see the bigger picture, the complete unit without knowledge of the details that you might not be happy with.  We are all our own worst critics!  Nice job on a tough kit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...