Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there a index somewhere you can look up your name and see if your models ever made the mag ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 5:53 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I’ve had models show up in a few different mags, and never knew it

If it hadn’t been for a fellow modeler informing me, I would have never known.

Steve

Yeah me to. But Now Im trying to track those issue down to buy them, But i dont know witch ones they are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/31/2022 at 9:18 AM, Bainford said:

If you know what models they might be, and if you still have them, you could try posting a photo and someone may remember.

Thanks, I just dont know witch ones might be in the mags.

On 11/10/2022 at 3:30 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

Possibly pictures taken at shows by magazine staff or an enthusiast turn up in various magazines and therefore difficult to credit if the modeller's name is not by the exhibit at the time.

My name would be next to the model, just dont know if the photos takin were ever put in the mags.

Hi Samuel,

I have helped with contest and show coverage for MCM on the west coast. Here is the process.

A staff person will put a card by a model they would like to photograph. It is up to the builder to bring the model to the MCM photo booth. (We tend to avoid table shots because lighting and angles are limited.) When the builder comes to the photo booth, they receive a form to fill out  and sometimes we will talk to them about the model. The form and pictures go in with the rest of the models that have been photographed. We can shoot from 50 to 75 models depending on support and time we have. The editor then goes through all the pictures and selects the ones that he thinks will look the best in the magazine. Unfortunately not all models get selected for publication. We then use the form filled out by the builder to write the captions you see in the magazine. (That is how I help.) 

Now to answer your question. There is no index of modelers that have been featured in MCM. If you think you may be in the magazine look for the issue with the show MCM attended and either purchase that issue (see Model Round up or Spotlight hobbies, or a local hobby store, or ask a friend with a subscription if they can check. and  you can always subscribe too. I have been a subscriber for a couple decades, so I never miss an issue. And I do always get excited if I get a picture in the magazine.

I hope this helps. Keep building and going to shows. 

Scott

18 hours ago, Scott Colmer said:

Hi Samuel,

I have helped with contest and show coverage for MCM on the west coast. Here is the process.

A staff person will put a card by a model they would like to photograph. It is up to the builder to bring the model to the MCM photo booth. (We tend to avoid table shots because lighting and angles are limited.) When the builder comes to the photo booth, they receive a form to fill out  and sometimes we will talk to them about the model. The form and pictures go in with the rest of the models that have been photographed. We can shoot from 50 to 75 models depending on support and time we have. The editor then goes through all the pictures and selects the ones that he thinks will look the best in the magazine. Unfortunately not all models get selected for publication. We then use the form filled out by the builder to write the captions you see in the magazine. (That is how I help.) 

Now to answer your question. There is no index of modelers that have been featured in MCM. If you think you may be in the magazine look for the issue with the show MCM attended and either purchase that issue (see Model Round up or Spotlight hobbies, or a local hobby store, or ask a friend with a subscription if they can check. and  you can always subscribe too. I have been a subscriber for a couple decades, so I never miss an issue. And I do always get excited if I get a picture in the magazine.

I hope this helps. Keep building and going to shows. 

Scott

Thanks Scott. Yeah I dont know the issues my cars might be in. As Ive gone to so many shows over the yrs. I would have to look at every issue to see if that issue covered the show I was at.

Thanks for the info

• 3 weeks later...