Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dupli Color Question

Anyone know if Dupli Color makes a color similar to Model Master's Phoenician Yellow? I've searched high and low trying to find a color chart for the Perfect Match spray cans. But, have came up empty.

I have a partial can of the Phoenician Yellow. But, I seriously doubt it will be enough paint for the project I want to use it on as I'll be painting the floorpan solid. Any and all help appreciated!  

I do know Duplicolor doesn’t make that exact color in spray form. However with the way their prices are increasing, you would be better with ordering from a site like automotivetouchup.com since they would have the exact color, and you get a large can for only 20 bucks (compared to like 14 for an 8oz Duplicolor)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Have you seen this? (compiled by Jordan White)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EsIQ5YN87r7TrJv89FpNq8lAiqihIfcapOUJ2IP1gQ8/edit#gid=0

And read through this thread for the color you're after...

Thanx! No, I hadn't done a search here. Just went through several Google searches. 

1 hour ago, Jordan White said:

I do know Duplicolor doesn’t make that exact color in spray form. However with the way their prices are increasing, you would be better with ordering from a site like automotivetouchup.com since they would have the exact color, and you get a large can for only 20 bucks (compared to like 14 for an 8oz Duplicolor)

Thanx Jordon! I checked with automotive touchup and a 12 oz. spray can is $27.95! I think I'll just see if I can score a can of MM Phoenician Yellow. That or choose a different color. 

Yea its became more economical to buy their paints by the quart...

I racked up several quarts of various colors and 2 clears at Ollie's for $7 each.

Keep an eye out at Ollie's when you go. They sometimes have quarts of paint and still sometimes cary Plastikote in spray can... for those that don't know it's fantastic stuff.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Anyone know if Dupli Color makes a color similar to Model Master's Phoenician Yellow? I've searched high and low trying to find a color chart for the Perfect Match spray cans. But, have came up empty.

I have a partial can of the Phoenician Yellow. But, I seriously doubt it will be enough paint for the project I want to use it on as I'll be painting the floorpan solid. Any and all help appreciated!  

I have an extra unopened can of Phoenician Yellow. PM me if you want to set up a deal.