Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 `69 Camaro Z/28 Cross Ram.....Black

Hawk312

This is yet another build up of the Monogram 1/12 Z/28 kit, with alot of detail and scratch building added. My goal again was to create these as new from factory as you might see them on the showroom floor. The license plate, inspection sticker, registration, and dealer window sticker were all reduced versions of the real thing from 1969. The Model Car Garage photo-etch detail set was added. I also added brakes lines, wound springs, and aluminum exhaust tubing. I tried to simulate accurate labels and chalk markings on the firewall, exhaust, axle, and front and rear springs, as well as other spots on the chassis. "Lettering" was added to the ignition wires and heater hoses, and any other hose or wire I found on the engine that could use it. Simulated wood was painted on the dash, steering wheel, and center console with a very small brush. The interior was flocked for an accurate carpeted look. It was painted with many coats of color and clear lacquer (I forget how many, but ALOT), and then wet-sanded and rubbed out with three different grades of compound. Bare metal foil was used throughout.

I`ll be posting another one shortly.

front.jpg

frontside.jpg

frontside2.jpg

frontsideright.jpg

Awesome Camaro!!! I love it! That could pass for the real thing. Super slick paint job. Do you have any engine pix??

Thanks 99. I managed to find an engine pic here, but it`s not very good. I have an engine pic in the thread for the orange one, an they are pretty much identical:

black69i.jpg

• 2 years later...