Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #116 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

I voted real. But, as I type this I'm going to say model, is that wrong? As many of you have said, something doesn't look right, too me it's the stiching in the top that says model. It's very wonky, it's not something that would come from a factory. Also the wire leading from the steering colum looks out of scale. If this is a model it's huge.

Edited by Plastic Freak

I'm still sticking with model on this one. While it look's very detailed and what not, everything look's pretty thin, like plastic parts. If it was real, I'd suspect thing's would look a little thicker like a real steering wheel.

I'll stay with model! :)

Don't look at all the details and think real. Think of it as a really detailed model.

Hokay Harry, ya REALLY go the ol troops goin with THIS'n. Mike-O,Danner,Woof, whars ya'll at? I'm needin some back up here Kiddo's I THINK ol Harry mighta pulled a GOOD one on us this time!!! So ..... Waz it gom be's like Kahuna of RoM? REAL or model? ONLY YOUUUUUU, can still this heart of mine, OOOOnnnnlllllyyyy YOUUUU can make this world seem finnne! Don't get me started Harry, so HIT US Brotha,HIT US!!!!! :lol::D;)

In the end, it was the uneven stiching on the inside of the roof,over the windsheild,that made me think twice. But Daaaaam harry, you shore got me on this'n! But then again, I DO feel sorry for the builder, caz he DO got him some anility problems! Jeese, he even put the rivets on the INSIDE of the door window frames!!!!GOOD JOB,Kahuna!!!! :lol::D;)

This was a good one. It looked amazingly real in the photo, but two things...seat material & the horn button area..definitely looked out of scale. You really have to look at some of these photos very close. I was curious enough to do a search and easily came up w/the answer this time...after I had voted, of course :lol:

Very cool model. Now they need to weather it to look like "normal" Land Rovers. They're not supposed to be clean & pretty :rolleyes:

Well I voted wrong but my back peddling coments on the stitching and colum wire saved my butt.

Great looking build, and wow, what detail.

@ Bill (Mr. Obsessive) you need to change you screen name to something like "Mr. Not as Obsessive as the guy who built the Rover" lol.

Edited by Plastic Freak

Well I voted wrong but my back peddling coments on the stitching and colum wire saved my butt.

Great looking build, and wow, what detail.

@ Bill (Mr. Obsessive) you need to change you screen name to something like "Mr. Not as Obsessive as the guy who built the Rover" lol.

Well, I saw this on another site, and was blown away by the "Obsessiveness"! I didn't want to spill the beans, but I knew what it was as soon as I saw it! :P

Well, since I was right last week, I can be wrong this week. LOL! But I say model for sure. Absolutely 100% no flip-flop answers, this is a MODEL! A very good one at that!

HA! I was right, I was right, I was right, ha, ha, la dee da! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa me! :D:P:lol:

I thought thing's looked too thin on the inside to be real deal.