Model Cars Magazine Forum

To the Instigators and Button Pushers

You know who you are.

KNOCK IT OFF

Many of you are dear friends of mine.

KNOCK IT OFF

If you don't agree with someone, or don't like what they have to say, put them on your "Ignore" list.

KNOCK IT OFF

I don't want to see all the flaming wars start up again. Sure, I know it's probably fun, and a giggle, but

KNOCK IT OFF

This will be the final warning.

KNOCK IT OFF

If anyone, and I does not matter who you are, starts or does this again, I will ban, and possibly delete your account. So

KNOCK IT OFF

okay, I pau

I can assure you the THD stuff wasn't fun..At least not for me. I'm still quite angered by it to say the least.

I've filed it away in my memory bank for another time and place. I ain't forgetting about this one for a while.

I'm deeply sorry it had to unfold in your neck of the woods. Some folks need to examine themselves and take a long hard look at what content and claims they intend to post before doing so.

What happened here over the past two days was no accidental uprising. It was premeditated.

The key player knew what he was doing. That's all I have to say...

I pau as well. Peace, Gregg.

You know who you are.

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

If you don't agree with someone, or don't like what they have to say, put them on your "Ignore" list.

KNOCK IT OFF

I don't want to see all the flaming wars start up again. Sure, I know it's probably fun, and a giggle, but

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

If anyone, and I does not matter who you are, starts or does this again, I will ban, and possibly delete your account. So

KNOCK IT OFF

okay, I pau

thank you

With the Governments crack down on internet bullying, I would be a bit nervous if I were one of the name callers. Slander, Defamation of character are just a few charges for the jury to consider. You may think you are free to say anything you want about anyone on the WEB, but it could come back to haunt you.

Maybe the person in question just baited his hook and caught a couple of Whoppers.

Should be interesting to see what transpires. :lol:

Good day, and keep on building.

Guest Johnny

Shame that a very interesting build thread had to mucked up by something totally unrelated to the build. I hope he chooses to continue it as I would like to see the finished model!

Thanks Gregg!

You know who you are.

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

okay, I pau

I agree. This is a forum where we are suppose to share idea's and each others builds,

as I enjoy doing that.

If you want RIFF-RAFF or DRAMA, I prefer it to be left on TV. I want to enjoy our forum

like it is meant to be used by us... :lol::D

Edited by kaseykahne09

It's about time,And I'm tired of all the childish behavior on here,I have read a few posts that very quickly got off topic,This Message Board my friends is for us all to share tips and how to's to one another,Not to bash people,It's a hobby that obviously we all love,or we wouldn't be on here,My point is take the drama elsewhere and lets get back to building and sharing our models with one another,Bashing People,And countless other problems I have seen on here isn't necessary,Let put our energy into building,If you do have a problem with someone on here,Just ignore them,as long as your pleased with your builds thats all tha matters....Keep The Peace fellows! ;)

It's about time,And I'm tired of all the childish behavior on here,I have read a few posts that very quickly got off topic,This Message Board my friends is for us all to share tips and how to's to one another,Not to bash people,It's a hobby that obviously we all love,or we wouldn't be on here,My point is take the drama elsewhere and lets get back to building and sharing our models with one another,Bashing People,And countless other problems I have seen on here isn't necessary,Let put our energy into building,If you do have a problem with someone on here,Just ignore them,as long as your pleased with your builds thats all tha matters....Keep The Peace fellows! ;)

I believe you said it better my friend...lol

Perhaps it's time to actually DO something, Gregg, rather than the repeated "knock it off" posts you have presented. After awhile people aren't going to pay much attention to the notice. It's YOUR forum and YOU can set the example of what you will and will not tolerate. Too many good people and modelers here to have the actions of a few ruin the character of this great modelers forum. Isn't it about time to do a little "house cleaning"?

Joe

Guest promodmerc

I'll believe it when somebody gets banned...........not holding my breathblink.gif

Same here. And I see one of the biggest offenders has posted in this thread.

Perhaps it's time to actually DO something, Gregg, rather than the repeated "knock it off" posts you have presented. After awhile people aren't going to pay much attention to the notice. It's YOUR forum and YOU can set the example of what you will and will not tolerate. Too many good people and modelers here to have the actions of a few ruin the character of this great modelers forum. Isn't it about time to do a little "house cleaning"?

Joe

I agree 100% with Joe as well.

I think people need to pay attention to what they are posting here.

I don't think being in a "fit of rage" is a good time to post your comment. You can open yourself up a boat load of trouble by writing the wrong thing to the wrong person.

This is the internet, if you think everyone posting is telling the truth, I got news for you.

Personal integrity & accountability are not a good defence in court against slander or Defamation charges. So I urge you all to think hard and proofread what you are about to post, because you want to spend your money on new kits and not have to pay fines to the person you slandered.

So I urge you all to think hard and proofread what you are about to post, because you want to spend your money on new kits and not have to pay fines to the person you slandered.

Actually you can't slander a person on the internet.

Slander is spoken words or gestures. In printed or published words, it's libel.

And the legal question of whether a website or online chat room or forum can be considered a "publisher" hasn't been determined, so being an instigator or button pusher here isn't so much a legal matter as it is a matter of common sense and common courtesy.

Actually you can't slander a person on the internet.

Slander is spoken words or gestures. In printed or published words, it's libel.

And the legal question of whether a website or online chat room or forum can be considered a "publisher" hasn't been determined, so being an instigator or button pusher here isn't so much a legal matter as it is a matter of common sense and common courtesy.

You may be right, but I would hate to find out the hard way. Being ignorant of the crime is no excuse.

Absolutely correct, and something else to consider is this ... Truth is an absolute defense against libel.

In other words, if what was said is true, it cannot be libelous.

The key word here is "if"

"If what was said is true" You better have that proof.

Guest Johnny

The key word here is "if"

"If what was said is true" You better have that proof.

You mean "I heard from a friend of a friend" isn't real proof???laugh.gif

Actually even"I heard it from the horses mouth" is not always proof positive if the horse isn't being truthful. So who really knows what is true unless one witnesses it themself!

Edited by Johnny

Not a lecture Ken, I just want all this name calling and bickering to end. As I'm sure you do as well.

I've seen the news broadcasts about teenagers on social networks, Facebook etc. where some kids commited suicide from what was said on that web site, and now the perps. are under investigation. So I would tend to err on the side of caution, rather than risk any possible court appearance.

What is so hard about ignoring someone that rubs you the wrong way.

Edited by RJWood

You mean "I heard from a friend of a friend" isn't real proof???:D

Actually even"I heard it from the horses mouth" is not always proof positive if the horse isn't being truthful. So who really knows what is true unless one witnesses it themself!

Aw, come on Johnny... we all know that horses never lie! ;)

Guest Johnny

I'm familiar with those cases as well, and those fall under the heading of bullying, which is a whole different ballgame than slander and/or libel. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and hand grenades.

For starters, the cases I am familiar with have been brought in criminal courts. Slander/libel is civil law.

It's like this ... if I want to walk up to you on the street and tell you I think you're a jackass (which I don't by the way, just trying to illustrate a point), the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees me the right to do that. I don't have to have proof you're jackass, because it's my opinion.

On the other hand, if I write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper in which I state that I think you're a jackass and the newspaper publishes it, then both I and the paper could be sued by you for libel (assuming that you aren't a public figure ... and, of course, that you can prove you're not a jackass! laugh.gif )

As Harry explained earlier, the thing that has yet to be established by the courts is whether saying inflammatory and untrue things about another person in an Internet chatroom or on a bulletin board is akin to saying them to the other person's face or them being published in a newspaper.

Hope that clarifies matters for you ...

Listen to him Ron! He knows what he's talking about, he's pre-med!wink.gif

Sorry Ken! Couldn't resist!laugh.gif

I'm sorry your honor, I cannot prove I'm not a jackass. :D

Quite frankly I enjoy being called an A-hole as opposed to a jack-a ;)

So feel free to oblige me. ;)

Just a little light hearted humor at my expence. Just tryin to smooth things out, if ya know what I mean.

Hi Gregg and Harrysmile.gif

I guess it's appropriate for me to comment.

I'm not angry at anyone here, about anything that has been said. When you get my age, your self worth is pretty well in tack, so comments like we read just roll off my back and make me laugh. HONESTLY, this sort of thing is nothing when you get older, because of all the "REAL WORLD" issues and people you have to deal with daily over many, many years, that make these issues here seem trivial at best, in the "Grander scheme of life". Bitterness and anger is a pill that cosumes you and poisons your whole life - NO THANKS - LIFE IS TO GOOD cool.gif

Me, I'm OK with who I am, and what I've accomplished in my life, and enjoy the great memories I get to SAVOR in my advancing years.

Like I said, I'm happy and life for me is very good, and I really enjoy being here, and probably won't be going anywhere anytime soon, unless you ask me to leave, and I have no problem with that. I enjoy learning here from others, getting their feed-back and advise, and I enjoy sharing what I do, and helping others, and generally feeling like I have a positive affect on most here like so many others do, but if my presents here isn't welcome, or I seem to be too much of a "LIGHTENING ROD", then simply tell me, and I'll be gone by my own choice, just like before, only it'll be permanent. I won't come back. This is not my life, it's a hobby.

All the best - dave THD biggrin.gif