Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

• 1 month later...

Hey Chris ! It's was great to be able to put a face to all your posts.
This is an awesome video featuring your incredible build.
(Chris is featured around the 2:02 mark in the video)
Congratulations again!

Jimmy

http://finescale.com/videos/event-videos/2018/09/2018-ipms-usa-national-convention-video-2

Edited by Jimmy Wilson
added information

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy.... Thank you so much and for posting the video. It was an honor to talk to Mark Savage at the IPMS Nationals and having them add it to some of their footage online.

Lee.. Thank you very much my friend. I really appreciate it. A miniature wally would be pretty sweet huh... LOL

Manfred... Thank you so much.

Alright Fellas.... I finally got some completed outside pics done that I have posted over in the Under Glass section. You can check them out here if you would like:

Ā 

As I mentioned in the Under Glass Post, I had asked John a while back if he wouldn't mind if it would be ok to take pics of my Funny Car at his famous picture place at a Park By his house and when I was out there a few weeks ago for a show we took some pics. Not only did he say it was ok but he also allowed me to use some of his props that he shows in some of this pics but I think my favorite was being able to have pics of his dragster and my funny car together. Pretty cool. Oh yeah and I loved being able to use his Prudhomme Figure too. All of the Credit for these pictures goes to John Teresi as he was the one taking the pics for me. John Thank you again for taking the pics and allowing me to have pics at your famous spot. Definitely an honor to be able to get pics there.

Ā 

Here are a few teaser pics for ya:

2v2JMT5syxAhe9C.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2v2JMTrQFxAhe9C.jpg

Ā 

2v2JMSumuxAhe9C.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

2v2JMSuLvxAhe9C.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

2v2JMSuMExAhe9C.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/3/2018 at 6:25 PM, Mooneyzs said:

Hello Fellas.... I apologize that I haven't had any updates lately. I have had a lot going on at home with my Dog and haven't been on here too much lately. I have been getting a little time here and there on this build when life has allowed me too. I am hoping to have an update to be able to share real soon with you guys.

Ā 

Ā 

Hello Franco.... thank you for the kind words on my build. Those pics you have shown are pics of the parts I purchased so that I could reverse engineer and model them in my CAD software. I don't own a 3D printer and I don't print my own parts partly because the personal printers arent quite where I would like to see for small detail for the parts i am printing. So IĀ use a printing service to print my parts. I use Shapeways to print my parts and I have not created a store for my parts yet, I am Still debating when and If I will. I also need to be honest, I am not sure if I am comfortable at the moment with just giving my designs away. It'sĀ something I really need to think about.Ā I have fear if I make my parts available that a resinĀ caster will cast my parts and start selling my parts claiming as their own.Ā Hope you can understand where I am coming from

I do not want to put her in trouble but if she makes an order of the pieces that I need from the shapeways company and then we deliver it to me so I'll have the pieces I need to finish my work and she's so quiet ... thinks?

Ā 

4 minutes ago, Ftanco said:

Non voglio metterla nei guai, ma se lei fa un ordine dei pezzi che ho bisogno dalla compagnia shapeways e poi me lo consegnano cosƬ avrĆ² i pezzi di cui ho bisogno per finire il mio lavoro ed ĆØ cosƬ silenziosa. .. pensa?

Ā 

that is, I explain to you better that you order the pieces that you have made in 3d that I need from the shapeways company I pay them with the shipment to me, so your drawings are not revealed, please I really need those lezzi I can not to find them anywhere, thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Can not believe that this one is finally done.Ā What an accomplishment buddy !!!Ā  I am sad to see this thread end as it became part of my forum time here checking out your latest progress:(Ā  Ā 

This is one of the truly epic builds that I've seenĀ  and can't wait to see the finished modelĀ in person!

Congrats on the awards so far and I'm sure it will gather more in the future.

Randy

On 12/14/2018 at 6:39 AM, Randy D said:

Can not believe that this one is finally done.Ā What an accomplishment buddy !!!Ā  I am sad to see this thread end as it became part of my forum time here checking out your latest progress:(Ā  Ā 

This is one of the truly epic builds that I've seenĀ  and can't wait to see the finished modelĀ in person!

Congrats on the awards so far and I'm sure it will gather more in the future.

Randy

Very well said Randy. I HAVE seen this in person and it is awe inspiring and takes your breath away. When you finally get the opportunity to see this one in person, bring a respirator.Ā  :lol::lol:

Edited by gasser59

Hello Everyone.... Thanks for all of the replies. Sorry that I have been slow to reply to them. I have had a bunch going on in my life lately and havenā€™t been able to get much done for some personal reasons.

Tim... It sure was fun to have a photo shoot of both of these cars together. Wish we would of taken more of them.

Dave... Thanks man, I think that both cars look great together.

John... Thanks, I really appreciate you letting me use your famous spot. The pics turned out reall good.

Bill... Thank you very much for the kind words about this build and for following along for the many years. I am glad it is finished so that now I can start. Some other builds that have been on my mind for a while now.

Ftanco.... I still havenā€™t created a store on Shapways and I am really up in the Air at the moment on what to do. IĀ really need to think about it, since I have concerns if I was to make my stuff available. I will put it this way, Ā I have a good friend who has made some stuff and a caster came along got a copy of what he made and now is selling it.

Barry.... Thank you for the kind words. I still have a lot to learn though.

Jessee.... Thanks.... LOL He does need to be holding something huh. I should of put a blower in his handĀ :lol::lol:

Randy.... Thank you so much my friend. Can you believe it, I really finished it....I know people figured I was making a career out of it....lol Donā€™t be sad that this build has come to an end. I have a few builds I am planning that should be pretty awesome and hope that everyone will enjoy following along with them. I just have to finish some design work on one of them before I can really let myself get to work on it. Hey are you going to be at NNL West?? Desert Scale Classic?? Ā GSL?? It would be great to see you and catch up for sure.

Brad.... I donā€™t know if you got to see it 100% done.. It was missing some final touches at DSC.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bob.... Thank you very much, It was definitely an honor to win the award and to be in contention for BOS but if you were to see Mark Jones Super Seven he brought in person, you would understand why his build deserved to win Best in Show. There were so many machined and scratch built parts on it. It's a beautiful build, you can check it out over in the Big Boy's section.

• 3 months later...

Seen this build and was inspired to get back into modeling, just staring building 1/16 scale Mongoose funny car, hope it comes out half as well as your's, shouldn't even put my build in the same list as this great work and detail, Glad to see the 1/16 scale funny cars hasn'tĀ Ā died outĀ 

I have collected most of the revel still looking for the Gene Snow Vega FunnyĀ  car but again thanks for the motivationĀ 

Steve.... Thanks for the kind words. A lot of people know I love me some 1/16th scale builds and I am glad to see others that enjoy them too. Please do post progress of your build, would love to see it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. There are still a few Revell Kits I would love to have myself especially with the original box art.

• 2 months later...

Congrats to Chris for his exclusive write-up with pictures on this incredible milestone of a build in the Model Cars Magazine 2019 Contest Issue on page 52. Great job once again my friend!!

What's on your bench now?

Edited by gasser59