Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Cosma Ray" Corvette

John Teresi

Hello......this started out as a Greg Wann " The master Caster" resin kit.........he is with the "Moonlight Modelers" from Arizona........I bought this kit about 2 years ago and decide it was time to build it......this kit is AWESOME man.........I did a few modifications.....I tried to replicate the early version of this 1:1 car........it`s not perfect but,is good enought for the girls I go with..........I decided to go with the 327 fuel ejected engine......wired and plumbed using "Pro Tech" : fuel line.detailing wire,nut and bolt ends and t`fittings.......I used alclad and baremetal foil......I used kitchen cabinet wood grain sticky paper for inserts......paint is H.O.K. white pearl with custom mix of fingernail polish and H.O.K. white pearl......airbrush fogging.......if you would like to see how I built this kit.......look in the " On theWork Bench" section........thank`s again Greg for a cool model.

DSCF9918.jpg

DSCF9942.jpg

DSCF9927.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF9956.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Now this really is what the word "awesome" is for!

Fantastic/fabulous build, John! Aren't Greg's resin kits and products just THE BEST?!!!!!

Bring yours to Desert Scale in April ... I'll have two more versions of the Cosma Ray ready to go with yours!! We'll blow 'em all away, bud!

Again, GREAT MODEL, JOHN!!!

:(:lol:B):D:)

John , You are still my hero !!! You are THE master ! What a sweet build as always . WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John, whilst I am not really "into" these sorts of cars at all, the execution with which you deliver them could just about change my mind. The superlatives people bestow upon them are not only well deserved, they may have well been invented with your builds in mind. In short Fantastic work man, it is indeed a privilege to have you share your builds with us. Brett

Really Cool as always!!! I like the paintjob of it, and colors look good. Interior detailing is also super. But that engine is simply looking like 1:1. Every pipe, hose or wire are on their place. Is that engine running yet? Wheels and tires are looking very realistic, with that little weathering on them. Also I like the stance of it. Really cool, nothing to complaine, amazing job again, John! :unsure:

John, stunning build bud, love everthing!! and that paint is just far-out man. Some of those "back in the day" show cars were pretty cool with all those ideas coming to life and you did a great job replicating that in scale. This thing is just screaming for a mag article...... Gregg. Keep up the great work John.

Charlie

Pro Tech

i dont know if i want to comment on this. so i wont............................................................................................................................ :rolleyes::P

if you really wanted to, you could have added some camber to those rear wheels.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's the 1:1 Cosma Ray, designed and built by Darryl Starbird. This is the version John replicated:

Cosmaray7-vi.jpg

This is the box art for the MPC kit:

1cosmaray1-vi.jpg

Note that the MPC kit was based on the redesigned Cosma Ray (also by Starbird), but featured the multi-hued finish similar to John's model.

1cosmaray2-vi.jpg

1cosmaray3-vi.jpg

'Back in the Day,' There was even a trading card (ala baseball cards) featuring the Cosma Ray:

cosmaraycard-vi.jpg

I'm currently finishing up a replica of the Cosma Ray as it now appears in Starbird's museum, as well as a replica of the Cosma Ray as it appeared in its first customized rendition ... before it was christened The Cosma Ray.

• 3 weeks later...