Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

I'm off the bench (and bik) for a few days. To long a story to type like a hen (hunt n peck with one finger),but I can't use my left hand for a few days,severe straining of the tendon that was surgically repaired 11 years ago. No perm. damage,doc said,but cain't use it. It wasn't the dog's fault,she is over-protective of hr "pack",especially me...it was my friend/neighbor's fault when he was trying to be funny late last night on ourlast walk when he jumped out and said "HEY!!!",LOL,it cost him 6 years off his life,and the front side of his breeches that she tore off him (probably the backside too,but for other reasons

:lol: ) :wacko:

:lol: I'll be gone all next week, so probably no updates from me for a few weeks. I will say that I have a delivery coming that will make this build just that much cooler... B)

Same here, after this coming Sunday to the following Thursday, I will have no Internet, cant get it turned on in the new house any sooner then that . I will be checking in from my phone, but I wont be posting very much on it.

LOTS been going on this week. It seems we will lose this house and we've been looking for a place to rent/move in the near future afterall,so I haven't had op to piddle on this. I'm hoping ot get on it tomorrow,as I want to get it done before this all happens. :unsure::wacko:

Yup,losing the house for sure-couldn't secure a home loan (the seller/business that sells these places knew at least "there would be extreme probability" this would happen,but still allowed us to go into contract expecting to own this place,taking our hope,dreams and money). Ah well...at least this year it isn't a fire,so we'll look at it as an adventure,LOL,and stay positive about it. Haven't really worked on anything (or...gasp...ridden bicycles either,LOL :P) all week,been scouring the area classifieds for rentals/rto's,all except for Saturday when my folks took us all to Dollywood for the day (hottest day TYD no less :lol: ),but SOME day this week,I'll piddle with it.

One of the days we were out looking at rentals,my son called,said he was "tired of waiting for Daddy to help.watch" him build his next Snap Tite kit,so he had built a C5 Vette snapper all on his own :DB) ,he done did a good job on it too,I just haven't had op to shoot pics yet,LOL!

Edited by Olskoolrodder

You guys looked like you were having fun so I thought I would join the party. I'm slowly working on this '05 GT that's being made into a custom Shelby GT-350R with the help of a multi-piece resin kit I "fished out of the 'bay." The hood scoop was molded closed, so I opened it up with a Dremel tool. I also had to do quite a bit of grinding on the lower rocker/exhaust skirts and the front spoiler to make them fit right, but I made them work.

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

Found one on the 4th,paid yesterday and the dog goes with,cheaper bills,good comunity,next to a nice lake :D...just have to figure how to fit stuff from a junked up 2 story house into a trailer now :blink::P:lol:

I know the feeling, we moved from a 1 acre of land, with quads, riding mover, trailers, sheds, to a 4 bdr house with a two car garage and no rv gate, in a hoa community

What seller did you get the resin kit from? , I would like to get that, how much was it?

Oh yea, I am back, got moved, internet is back on, still working on getting the wireless part working

Good luck Steve with finding a house

MUST GET THIS KIT!!!!!! Please tell us where to get it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I know the feeling, we moved from a 1 acre of land, with quads, riding mover, trailers, sheds, to a 4 bdr house with a two car garage and no rv gate, in a hoa community

I feel ya! :wacko:

Well,we're here,moved over the weekend-the big part anyways,now comes the sorting of what to keep,what to donate,what to sell,what to trash to fit that 2 story ouse into this trailer,LOL! :D Plus my model bench got damaged in the move (it's ok,only a drawr tract was ripped loose,I'lldrill newholes,whenever I find my drill,LOL!) :blink: My spinal issuse flared up (expected them too,though),so I'm going to be down several days. Once we get settled I'll get this one ('10 GT Ragtop) done and get on a few more projects I've been meaning to do...living here,it ain't like cycling will any longer prevent my sitting at the bench,LOL (maybe canoeing,swimming,fishing,etc,once we score a canoe,the lake/our access boat dock in only a 5 minute walk down the hill B) ).

OK,gunna go pop another (prescribed) pain pill and stretch out a few,LOL! But anyways,we made it,as did all model stuff,and we gots internet/cable all hooked up :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got out in the new workshop before it got blazing hot this morning (uninsulated/no A/C steel buildings tend to get hot this time of year,LOL! :blink::lol: ) and piddled with tat '10 GT ragtop. Almost done with it (haven't uploaded the pis yet,but will today),despite my hand slipping when detail painting some windshield post trim (such a small spot,I think I'll just leave it so's I can FINISH something,LOL! :P ). I should get it done later tonight when it cools back down :D

While I STILL forgot to spray those daggone side mirrors,LOL,but research did show several 1:1's with matte black units,so I'll spray and install em tomorrow. Other than that,and a tad bit of touch up black on the grille (I see red in a couple spots :P),I'm calling it done...

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

017.jpg

015.jpg

Apologies for the crappy pic quality,that dang camera I replaced my last one with (at twice it's price,mind you,and on sale at that :blink::angry: ) doesn't like indoor,red,or indoor pics with red in it,sigh. I'll see about some outside pics soon. Nice simple kit,looks decent (methinks the tires are still a bit chunky,Revell,but getting better after 6 years of chunky Mustang tires :lol: )

Thanks bunches,guys! :D I did get the mirrors sprayed today,it's t-storming/hailing out there now (read: steel roof on the workshop uninsulated is LOUD,LOL!),but I'll get em on tomorrow. I just needed to finish something ,LOL! :P Ray,see my avatar,I DO love a Mustang (and miss that one),especially a Cardinal Red droptop GT B) Here's the full pic...

IMG_3128.jpg

8-19-114.jpg

I'm itching and have already started a non-Mustang build (gasp...) that I'm pretty excited about doing (I'll be startig a WIP thread in a few),but I'm itching to finish that dang Bullitt too,LOL! :P

Edited by Olskoolrodder

• 2 weeks later...