Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

They were on an aftermarket sheet by Eaglecals. I used a 1/48th scale set as they looked the best. When you figure the real plane is about twice the size of the car (no real way to compare, like apples and oranges but....) 1/48 worked out best.

But then.....I was told long ago our common scales were designed for a reason. A 1/24th or 1/25th car, a 1/35th or 1/32 tank, and a 1/48th single engine plane all take up roughly the same amount of shelf space. Who'd a thunk it eh?

The other thing I believe is worth noting is I departed from the real car in a couple of areas. I placed squadron code "B6" and the star and bar back farther on the body. I think it accentuates the length of the car, and gives the illusion of that long nose on the real P51.

G

Edited by Agent G

Here's one I completed, stripped and re created. I have some resin pieces from an ebay seller on it as well. The wheels are the option wheels from the 09 Revell Challenger kit. I lost the pony for the grille though. Paint is Perfect Match Ford Sonic Blue Pearl with Future clear.

0012Medium-vi.jpg

0022Medium-vi.jpg

0023Medium-vi.jpg

0021Medium-vi.jpg

0015Medium-vi.jpg

Thanks Jon, theres a few lil things that bugged me but it'll work for just sitting on a shelf. IF you do get this hood be prepared to shave down either side of it and possibly the underside. It doesn't drop into the opening very easily. I'm still learning resin-prep so mine isn't shaped quite good enough. I will say tho that if I build another 06 or another Bullitt kit with some bash parts, I would use another of these hoods or chin spoilers again, yes.

Jordan, the engine is looking good, cant wait to see more

So after three failed attempts to do the flag paint livery, I have thrown in the towel, I will one day try it again, so here it is as of now, pretty much all done, still need to decal it, and put in the side windows.

p1-38.jpg

Agent G: That Old Crow turned out AWESOME while I was gone,Brother,looks SWEET!!! :D

Scuderia: That's a gorgeous build,my friend,I've got a similiar (or identical depnding on where you got i...I can't remember where mine came from) hood in the drawer for a future build. NICELY done! :D

Jorden: Engine looks KILLER! :blink::D

Jonathan: LOVING the "plain white wrapper",LOVING it! :D :D

Thanks,Jonathan-nice to see I'm remembered :D

IDK if I can say "back",might be too strong of a word-there are some changes (potentially) coming to my household that will put me packing things up (either way,actually...*) and I hate to start on a fresh build knowing this but not knowing how long I have before that comes. Isn't it always the way though...I'm kinda ITCHING to build these last couple days :P:lol:

I was thinking today though,I may have enough time to finish a couple on-gong or otherwise stalled builds (Bullitt included). It all depends on the time between then and now.

*That's really all I wanna say on open forum,check your PM bo,ol friend :)

Finally got the interior finished. Mostly stock with the addition of a Hurst shifter with T-handle, front seat belts, and I painted the seats in a black and red two-tone. You can also see what the exterior color will be, Ford Cardinal Red, though I haven't done any detail painting yet.

SDC11636.jpg

SDC11637.jpg

SDC11638.jpg

Well got some more done. Chassis painted satin black and Ford Sunburst Gold Metallic, along with silver details and foiled heat shields.

SDC11670.jpg

Added the chassis portion of the axle stabilizer bar, as well as extended the bracket for the stabilizer bar itself.

SDC11671.jpg

Made my own lower control arms using the centers from the kit and scratchbuilt ends.

SDC11679.jpg

Axle with lower control arm brackets added. Still have to add the stabilizer bar bracket and shock absorber brackets.

SDC11674.jpg

It's not a bad kit by any stretch, I hear from others who built it that it practically falls together, and I agree for the parts that I've kept kit stock. :P I just can't stand having a kit at this scale and having not only a static suspension, but static steering as well.

It's not a bad kit by any stretch, I hear from others who built it that it practically falls together, and I agree for the parts that I've kept kit stock. :P I just can't stand having a kit at this scale and having not only a static suspension, but static steering as well.

I agree, I am not surprised that it falls together, the 1/25 version does as well.