Model Cars Magazine Forum

ZZZ-28 DRAGSTER! (Deal's Wheels Style)

Ira

The ZZZ-28 Dragster started as a Deals Wheels Funster Z-28.

I extended the Deals Wheels Camaro body and spoiler with sheet plastic to turn it into a Dragster.

DSCN1906ZZ.jpg

The SKULL Decals set the theme so SKULLY became the new driver!

DSCN2571Z.jpg

DSCN2544Z.jpg

DSCN2541Z.jpg

Thanks to Ward Shrake for doing the LED eyes!

More photos coming...

Ira, you said "I think I learn something new each time I build a model... " but what you might not realize is you also teach something new each time you share a progress post. Somebody somewhere benefits from seeing what you do to these unsuspecting boxes of plastic parts...I know I picked up some ideas, and a little courage to try some new things.

So Ira, you live in Sonoma County huh ?? Who says the wineries don't give off toxic fumes ??

Break's over, back to work on the Willys !! Kudos sir, everything came out just right. Only seek professional help if you deem it necessary.......

Thanks for the kind comments Joe!

I am concentrating on finishing the Triangula first, then Willys Deal, then the '59 "Mirror".... thats the plan anyway!

Hey Ira,

Wow, what a cool twist on a cool car!! I bought one of these a couple of years ago to build for fun, seeing yours just floored me, I would have never thought of this in a million years. Your paint/decal combination is just stunning, the hand, the driver, man, this thing is sick cool!! I really like these cars, and yours is the best and wildest I have ever seen, thanks for posting. Can't wait to see your next creation!!

Mike

Ira, you said "I think I learn something new each time I build a model... " but what you might not realize is you also teach something new each time you share a progress post. Somebody somewhere benefits from seeing what you do to these unsuspecting boxes of plastic parts...I know I picked up some ideas, and a little courage to try some new things.

That's Great!

Thanks for the kind comments Daniel!

This is totally cool. Nice job with the body work, and paintjob looks very good. I think, this Dragster version looks much cooler than that original one... Nice job with those driver's eyes too. This one is really nice build.