Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

it always surprised me toyota never offered a 50call as an option on thier pick-ups...you cant tunr on the TV or there is some clan in a middle eastern country trying to gain power or his entire army consists of these trucks with 50call cobbled onto the bed

toyota should make a TV comercial about that "the chevy trucks may have survived the end of the world but it was caused by several people trying to kill each other driving toyotas"

​HOLY SHIITE!! ( pun intended ) I really dig the graffiti on those trucks. Those pea shooters look like they could do some damage to the truck let alone whatever they're shooting at.

Those are Soviet ZSU 23mm anti-aircraft guns. There are as many of those left lying around as there are AK 47's.

G

No wonder the military model builder go crazy over this stuff, it's got to be fun to do such conversions.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and everyone, stay tuned in for another video update coming up in an hour or so. Those of you who are about to post more progress, you will catch the next video update.

Best, DC

Just a small update to keep things going. I got the trame and interior sides epoxied to the mouse cover ... messily done for some welding mess. :) Instead of the orange, narrowed VW on top I'll free form some kind of mesh enclosure. I want to gt the main gun in shape before I start on that. There are some awesome guns in here, but I decided to make a Browning M1917 30 cal. Machine Gun since this is only a scout car. I liked the look of the water cooled model with the huge cooling barrel. I'll have to put a huge water tank in to insure it doesn't run out of water! I got a start on the body of the gun today and in in this photo drying.

m1917BrowningDSC_0624.jpg

Edited by Foxer

Actually the water tank wasn't that large. The water recirculated from the tank to the cooling jacket and back again. Whatever got hot couldn't flash to steam as it was a closed system.

Think cooling system in your car, where the radiator is the tank.

Thanks ... I was just thinking it might get used up and also the unavailability of water. Your explaination gives me more leeway. :)

So a quick update-

I'm pretty broke at the moment, so i'm without random kit money. The current project is entirely parts box built. Also, it will be the last project I can build until I fall into some extra cash somewhere.

It's currently drying outside on the paint-board, and unfortunately I had to primer it in flat black -enamel- (ran out of my specialty camoflauge ultra flat black acrylic spray :\ ) so it's going to be a bit before I can bring it in for photos.

The working name for this build is the J-Rod. (inside joke between my buddy and I, who was watching me build it today...)

It's pretty minimalist, but it doesn't lack in creativity.

...I'll be posting pics once the primer dries.

The Dodge so far. Pretty much assembled as per the instructions... apart from the chopping and filing needed to make the crappy thing fit together. There was simply too much height of plastic in the front assembly for it to fit together. I had to file and shave a lot off.

I really miss my old parts box.....

P1000676-vi.jpg

P1000677-vi.jpg