Model Cars Magazine Forum

More Weird Stuff... Bosozoku!

Yea, well haters beware. I dig most of them, and I'm an old school rod-n-kustom guy. I have been known to buy some of this wierd ****** from Japan. Gonna make me one O' these, with more camber and huge flares. The only thing I dig more than 32 and 40 Fords is old Skylines!

kgc.jpg?w=479

Edited by Draggon

Bosozoku-styled vehicles are actually pretty diverse... I just intentionally posted pics representing the more 'extreme' end of the spectrum. Kind of like what some consider 'rat rods' they run the full gamut, from mild and tasty (like that Skyline Glenn posted) to borderline horrific and gaudy (see 99% of the stuff I put up). I've really been getting into the more extreme and weird examples of late- they look like fun and interesting modeling subjects, as well as a bit of a challenge.

Best part is, building a model of one rules out any disadvantages of doing it in 1:1. With a model, you only need to worry about the 'practical' issues if you WANT to, because a model car will never be operated on the street. B)

This actually started with bikes, and then came over to cars. The style started as a make your ride stand out as much as possible and was also inspired by the silhouette race cars of the '80s except taken to the extreme. At first I thought it was ridiculous but It quickly grew on me.

This is hands down my favorite, and this was actually taken at the top of a mountain in Japan, but not by me, so they are somewhat manuverable.

DSC_2131.jpg

This actually started with bikes, and then came over to cars. The style started as a make your ride stand out as much as possible and was also inspired by the silhouette race cars of the '80s except taken to the extreme. At first I thought it was ridiculous but It quickly grew on me.

This is hands down my favorite, and this was actually taken at the top of a mountain in Japan, but not by me, so they are somewhat manuverable.

DSC_2131.jpg

Now that's sweet. Batman danaanaaa lol