Model Cars Magazine Forum

Goodbye.

Rick, sorry to hear, we sure will miss you...and hope to see you again in the future! If you don't mind me asking, what will become of your hobby stuff?
I'll keep the remainder of what I have .just cant replace what happend due to cost.

Sorry to here this Rick. I know that you don't know me, I'm not that avid a poster, but I wish you luck. Take some advice, hang on to what you have, because you will build again. It might take awhile to come back, but you will. I did after many years. When you, do look me up and if I can help you with anything to get back in it I will. Promise.

Ken

Ken is right. Hang on to what you have, you WILL do this again. It is in our blood. We occaisonally have setbacks, but we can overcome it. I had a stroke in 2005 and lost some of my modeling knowhow, I know I will not be able to do what I once did, but I will see it through. Good luck to you and your family, I wish you the best.

He sent me a PM that said that Virgil knows what happened. Apparently he is not comfortable publicly sharing what has happened. I don't blame him for being disheartened. And not being on forum for a bit will probably help him deal with the loss he's suffered. But as we well know that modeling isn't just an activity you just give up and never think of again. It's art and as such, the artist will seek to express himself again eventually. We'll be here when he's ready to give it another try.

Take care Rick. Be cool.

I have to agree with everyone here, you will come back to the hobby. Most of us have walked away at one stage of our lives or another for various reasons. My last issue was just a few years ago when I divorced. My ex chucked all of my built models in the garbage and tried to have my stash of kits sold. I got my stash out but lost so many built kits that I had built over many years it left me depressed. I didn't want to continue as well, but 6 months ago or so I returned finding it the best medicine.

I don't know what your situation is and I understand that you may not want to share it, but keep your head up.

I wish the all the best.

I have to agree with everyone here, you will come back to the hobby. Most of us have walked away at one stage of our lives or another for various reasons. My last issue was just a few years ago when I divorced. My ex chucked all of my built models in the garbage and tried to have my stash of kits sold. I got my stash out but lost so many built kits that I had built over many years it left me depressed. I didn't want to continue as well, but 6 months ago or so I returned finding it the best medicine.

I don't know what your situation is and I understand that you may not want to share it, but keep your head up.

I wish the all the best.

I agree as well. Keep plugging along, you'll get back into the swing sometime.

I saw that coming with wife #2, so I took my stash to a friends, and donated all the built up police cars to the academy library.

G

We talked to a lawyer he said since we could not proue who done it theres nothing we can do. no euidence.

I know what that is like.

Don't do a bloody thing about it, it'll only errr... what's the fancy word for it? errr... frustrate you.

Let me know which currently available kit you would like to build and if I have it, I send it to you free of charge.